The matte gray Schoeps Colette CMC 1 Microphone Amp and MK 2 Omnidirectional Condenser Capsule is a space-saving Colette Series modular omnidirectional condenser microphone bundle designed to provide linear frequency response at 0° and transparent, low-distortion sound pickup, making it ideal for close-miking instruments.
It includes the CMC 1 miniature microphone amplifier, the MK 2 condenser capsule, a foam windscreen, a stand clamp, and a premium case. Thanks to the inclusion of the ultracompact CMC 1, this bundle serves as a lighter and smaller alternative to the CMC 6 without compromising sonic performance.
The matte gray Schoeps CMC 1 U is a miniature Colette Series microphone amplifier offering uncompromising high fidelity in a lightweight and ultracompact form factor for studio recording, broadcast, and live stage applications. Presented as an alternative to the renowned Schoeps CMC 6 amplifier, the CMC 1 U is compatible with all existing MK mic capsules and Colette active accessories (all available separately).
It features a balanced XLR output, compliance with 12 or 48V phantom power, and low current consumption. Its Schoeps RFI Shield provides high immunity from RF interference for a clean, low-noise signal. The CMC 1 U supports the high maximum SPLs tolerated by the various MK mic capsules (available separately).
- Complete alternative to the renowned CMC 6 amplifier
- Can be used in place of the CMC 6 with no compromise
- XLR output connector
- Electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 U are equal to, or even better than, those of the CMC 6
- 1.4" long (about a third the size of the CMC 6)
- 1.3 ounces (about 40% lighter than the CMC 6)
- Fully compatible with all existing MK capsules and Colette active accessories such as the CUT 60 and RC tubes
- Very high immunity from RF interference with the Schoeps RFI Shield
- Includes mic clip for easy attachment to a mic stand
- Suspension mounts such as the Rycote INV-6 are available separately
The Schoeps MK2 is part of the Colette series of modular capsules designed for use with the CMC preamplifiers. Designed for close proximity capturing, the MK2 retains a uniform frequency response when used close to the signal source, avoiding overly brilliant or sharp signal reproduction. The MK2's signal character is similar to measurement microphones and is often used in acoustic measurement and calibration applications.
This gray Solid Foam Teardrop Popscreen from Schoeps is an acoustic foam close-speech popscreen intended for use with Schoeps Colette Series microphones, but compatible with other microphone capsules as well. It provides sufficient protection at normal speaking distances for cardioids and other directional capsules, especially when speech capsules are used. With omnidirectional capsules, it may even be used outdoors in light wind. This popscreen has minimal effect on sound quality.