The Palmer Monicon XL is an active monitor controller with a bevy of connection points to suit pro-level studios. It offers three pairs of monitor outputs, a dedicated mono output for subs and mono speakers as well as controls to switch among them. Each stereo output has trim offsets, so you can better gain-match each set of speakers for comparison.
Two sets of balanced 1/4" inputs are provided, as is a pair of unbalanced RCA inputs, a stereo 3.5mm auxiliary input, and a S/PDIF input. You can control the levels of auxiliary inputs with an attenuation knob.
The Monicon XL offers cue mixes as well as two dedicated headphone outputs switchable between cue and monitor sources. This allows you to send different mixes to the artists tracking their parts, while you monitor the signals you need to hear for achieving the best recording in the studio.
You'll find controls for summing the monitor outputs to mono as well as a Dim and Mute buttons. A talkback button lets you use the built-in microphone to talk back to the artist over their headphones. You can set the level of the talkback mic with a volume attenuator. A prominent volume-attenuation knob is on hand for setting the level of your monitors.
- Latency-free analog signal path
- Stereo (L/R) level indicator with +4, +10, and +18 dBu calibration options
- Correlation meter for verifying mono compatibility
- 2 x 1/4" headphone outputs with volume controllers and main/cue selector switches
- 3 x analog inputs, one S/PDIF input
- 3 x loudspeaker outputs with volume controllers for level calibration
- Mono-summed output for subwoofer or mono monitor
- Main and cue direct outputs