The Waves eMotion LV1 Mixer with 40-Preamp Stagebox, SoundGrid Extreme Server-C, and Axis One Computer takes the guesswork out of configuring a complete mixing system that delivers world-class sound for large setups in stages, clubs, concert venues, and houses of worship. From the digitally controlled high-end preamps to the ultralow-latency performance and powerful DSP resources, this system is built for ideal workflow efficiency and sonic quality.
It includes the 64-channel eMotion LV1 live mixer software, a SoundGrid Extreme Server-C DSP unit for intense plug-in processing, a 24-input / 12-output stagebox, a 16-input / 8-output stagebox, and an Axis One Waves-optimized computer. Additionally, it comes with four plug-in processors—eMo D5 dynamics, eMo F2 filter, eMo generator, and eMo Q4 equalizer—to allow capable signal control out of the box. The supplied Netgear 8-port switch and Cat 6 Ethernet cables ensure proper hookup of the various SoundGrid-capable devices. Mount the computer and server in 2 RU of rack space with the included rack shelf.
Waves Axis One Custom-Designed Computer for Waves Audio Applications
Designed and tuned to run Waves audio application with peak efficiency and worry-free stability, Waves Axis One is a compact, rack-mountable computer that gives demanding engineers the performance they need for high-profile live stage and studio environments. It comes preloaded with Windows 10, Waves Central, eMotion LV1, and all Waves plug-ins, ready for activation via separately available licenses.
Axis One boasts a powerful six-core 3.0 GHz Intel i5 8500 processor and 16GB of DDR4 RAM to keep your apps and effects running smoothly. Internal storage is provided by a 256GB SSD. With two HDMI port and one DisplayPort output, Axis One can support up to three displays, so you can see everything you need at the same time. Axis One's plentiful ports—eight USB Type-A, one USB Type-C, RJ45 Ethernet, and etherCON SoundGrid—enable versatile connectivity without having to rely on additional hubs.
Optimized for Waves Audio Applications
Essential Computer Features
- Intel i5 8500 processor
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- 256GB SSD internal storage
- Windows 10
- Two HDMI ports and one DisplayPort, supports up to three displays
- One etherCON SoundGrid port
- One RJ45 Ethernet port
- Six USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports
- Two USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- One USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port
- Preinstalled with the latest versions of Waves Central, eMotion LV1, SuperRack, and all Waves plug-ins (activation and use of the pre-installed plug-ins requires purchase of their licenses)
- Rack-mountable via rack ears or a rack shelf (both available separately)
Waves eMotion LV1 64 Stereo Channels - Live Mixer Software (Download)
Waves eMotion LV1 64 Stereo Channels is a digital software mixer with 64 stereo/mono input channels designed for front-of-house, foldback, and broadcast live sound mixing applications. It employs the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking and a 32-bit floating point mix engine to deliver pristine audio at sample rates up to 96 kHz and with latency as low as 0.8 ms, along with an intuitive, flexible, and fast workflow, ideal for demanding live environments.
eMotion LV1 gives you precise control over your live sound mixing with sixteen aux channels (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono panning, and 8 matrixes (stereo/mono). You can run up to eight SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins directly on each channel (Waves or third-party plug-ins). All saved plug-in presets and chains can be shared with the Waves MultiRack and StudioRack plug-in hosts, enabling you to move seamlessly between live and studio environments.
The main mixer window gives you the most important info you need at a glance including all channel inputs and parameters, routing, plug-in inserts, and more. Additional windows provide more detailed views. You can use the channel window for focused control of your plug-ins, including a Touch-and-Slide slider for quick and easy control of all plug-in parameters.
The software can be configured as a portable or stationary setup and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server, allowing you to work on your sessions online or offline, at home, in your hotel room, on the tour bus, or at the live venue.
eMotion LV1 provides support for up to four multitouch screens, as well as diverse industry-standard control surfaces. It ships with the eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter, eMo Generator, and eMo Q4 Equalizer plug-ins, optimized for live environments.
- Digital mixing console software for front-of-house and broadcast live sound mixing
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 36 buss/return channels
- Total portability—can be configured as a portable or stationary setup, and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server
- Intuitive workflow with a user interface built for flexibility and speed
- Uses the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking
- Run up to 8 SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins directly on each channel (Waves or third-party plug-ins)
- Includes eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter, eMo Generator, eMo Q4 Equalizer plug-ins, optimized for live environments
- 16 aux channels (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes (stereo/mono)
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys
- 32-bit floating point mix engine, with latency as low as 0.8 ms
- Sample rate: 44.1 to 96 kHz
- Patch up to 16 hardware and software SoundGrid I/Os
- All processing is done on an external SoundGrid DSP server
- Option to add a redundant DSP server
- Compatible with up to four multitouch screens, as well as diverse hardware control surfaces
- Touch-and-Slide slider for fine control over plug-in parameters
- 6 control windows: Mixer 1, Mixer 2, Channel, Show, Patch, Setup
- Different control windows can run simultaneously on different touchscreens
- Each Mixer window provides 8 layers, each with up to 16 channel strips
- Each channel strip provides control over its channel’s input, dynamics/EQ/filters, plug-in rack, sends, and routing
- Create your own custom layers for a personalized workflow
- Up to 1000 scenes, including recall filters and recall-safe options
- Sends-on-faders mode per Mixer window for each of the 16 aux busses, with auto cue on aux
- MIDI control over scene change
- Preamp control and digital trim per channel input
- Automatic latency compensation on internal mix busses
- Delay groups for output delay alignment
- Multiple outputs available per channel, each with digital trim per output
- Advanced stereo Imager, including balance, rotation, width and L/R panning
- 16 link control groups, providing global control over inputs, plug-ins, EQ, dynamics, and sends for assigned channels
- DCA fader per link control group
- DCA spill—populate layers with DCA-linked channels
- 8 mute groups, with an additional Mute All output option
- Global tempo control per scene
- Show Lock option for locking plug-in instantiations, external routing, and complete surface lock
- Comprehensive meter and clip settings
- 8 user-assignable keys for personalization of control over mixer operation—open specific plug-in, tap tempo, recall specific scene)
- Solo-in-place option, with automatic solo-safe sources and destinations
- Copy & paste channel names, processing, and routing
- A/B input options, for quick patch changes
- External insert for outboard gear connection, as part of the plug-in rack chain
- Offline operation mode, including offline configuration and patching of I/O devices
- Complete channel processing presets, compatible with Waves MultiRack and StudioRack presets
- Smooth integration with the separately available Dugan Speech plug-in for auto-mixing multiple mics
- eMotion LV1 video training course available online
- Compatible with Windows and Mac (64-bit)
Basic eMotion LV1 System
- Controls the eMotion LV1 mixer as well as the SoundGrid network that connects all devices
- The eMotion LV1 application is located on this computer, as are your plug-ins and preset files
- eMotion LV1 runs on both Mac and Windows and supports multiple displays
- This is where your plugins are being processed
- The power of the server has direct impact on the number of plug-in instances you can run
- At least one SoundGrid I/O ranging from 2-channel preamps to multiple 128-channel audio interfaces (such as the DiGiGrid MGB/MGO SoundGrid-to-MADI I/Os)
- All I/O devices are connected to the SoundGrid network via Ethernet
- SoundGrid-compatible 1 GB Ethernet switch
- Links the host computer, the server, and all I/O devices
Waves SoundGrid Extreme Server-C DSP Unit
The SoundGrid Extreme Server-C DSP Unit from Waves is a super-powerful Intel i7-based DSP unit that will handle your heaviest mixing sessions, processing up to hundreds of plug-ins in real-time and with ultra-low latency. It can be used for major tours and in pro studios to run as many Waves and SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins as you want, on as many channels as you've got and deliver live shows with studio-grade professional sound.
SoundGrid Extreme delivers over 40% more power than SoundGrid Server One. You can throw plug-ins modeled on the world's top consoles on each and every channel, and make your mixer sound like a classic top-tier mixing desk. Furthermore, housed in a rugged rack-mounted 2U chassis, the SoundGrid Extreme Server-C DSP Unit is a massive upgrade to any studio or live mixing system, unleashing your creative mixing powers session after session, night after night.
Waves SoundStudio STG-1608 16-input / 8-Output Digital SoundGrid Stagebox
Add 16 high-performance mic preamps and eight line outputs to your SoundGrid network with the Waves SoundStudio STG-1608, a digital stagebox housed in a rugged 3 RU rackmountable chassis. With a secure etherCON port designed for simple hookup to an eMotion LV1 live mixer or any other SoundGrid-compatible hardware/software, the STG-1608 integrates easily into your stage- or studio-based setup.
Each of the digitally controlled preamps offers up to 60 dB of gain in 1 dB steps, 48V phantom power with LED indication, and a locking combo XLR-1/4" input jack. Analog outputs include eight balanced XLR line outs and a 1/4" stereo headphone output with its own level control. BNC wordclock I/O allows proper synchronization with other digital equipment and AES3 ports are present for routing stereo digital signal in and out of the stagebox.
- 16 x Combo XLR-1/4" mic/line locking inputs
- 8 x XLR line outputs
- 1/4" stereo headphone output with level control
Digital and Sync I/O
- Stereo AES3 digital input and output via XLR jacks
- BNC I/O for synchronization connectivity (word clock)
- Standard DIN 5-pin MIDI I/O
- etherCON SoundGrid network port for a secure connection
Features at a Glance
- Built-in SoundGrid card for interfacing with eMotion LV1 live mixer or any other hardware/software in a SoundGrid network
- Connect a single Ethernet cable to easily record, mix, and monitor live or in the studio
- High-end mic preamps with digital remote control
- 48V phantom power with LED indicator per input
- Up to 96 kHz sample rate
- Rugged 3 RU rackmountable chassis
- Universal input power supply
Netgear GS108-400NAS ProSAFE 8-Port Gigabit Switch
Easily expand the reach of your network with the GS108-400NAS ProSAFE 8-Port Gigabit Switch from NETGEAR. Quickly and easily integrate this network switch into your existing network configuration as it features plug-and-play functionality. With the ability to adjust for network speed and cabling type, the switch can automatically make the necessary adjustments to avoid network downtime.
Realize the true benefit of Gigabit network speeds, as this switch features non-blocking port architecture ensuring you receive Gigabit data transfer rates from each port along with a total bandwidth of 16 Gbps. Additionally, this Gigabit switch from NETGEAR comes equipped with support for the energy-efficient Ethernet networking standard 802.11az to help reduce the overall power consumption of the switch.
Plug and Play
Simple set up with no software or configuration needed
Front panel LEDs keep you informed of power status, link speed and link activities.
Durable metal case and long product life (shown by MTBF numbers).