The 12 Natural CD from Cordoba is a hybrid model which produces the warm tone and resonance of a traditional Spanish-style classical guitar, but plays and feels more like a steel-string acoustic. The instrument features a soft cutaway body constructed with a solid western red cedar top as well as mahogany back and sides.
Its mahogany neck is carved with a thinner, C-shaped profile than a traditional classical guitar and has a narrow nut width of 48mm compared to a standard 52mm width. The neck is fitted with a 19-fret pau ferro fingerboard, which is radiused instead of flat. These differences allow for greater comfort and ease in playability, especially for those players who are more accustomed to the feel of steel-string and electric guitars.
Additional features include a bone nut and saddle, Cordoba Silver tuning machines, pau ferro binding, maple and black top purfling, a maple and black rosette, and a dual-action adjustable truss rod. The bridge is either fashioned from pau ferro or rosewood, depending on the instrument's manufacture date.
For electronics, the instrument is equipped with a Fishman Presys preamp system along with an undersaddle piezo pickup. The preamp includes controls for volume, bass, middle, and treble as well as a notch filter, a phase switch to suppress feedback, and a built-in tuner.
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Profile: Crossover C Shape
- Truss Rod: 0.2" / 4mm
- Scale Length: 25.5" / 648mm
- Nut Width: 1.9" / 48mm
- Nut Material: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver
- Top Wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Fan
- Build: Cutaway Electric
- Binding: Pau Ferro
- Purfling: 6-ply Maple and Black Rings
- Bridge: Pau Ferro or Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Rosette: Maple and Black Rings
- Finish: Natural Polyurethane
- Body Width x Depth (Upper Bout): 11 x 3.3" / 279 x 85mm
- Body Width x Depth (Lower Bout): 14.5 x 3.8" / 368 x 95mm
- Body Length: 19" / 493mm
- Overall Length: 38.5" / 978mm