Yes, the Nitecore HC35 USB Rechargeable LED Headlamp straps on your head or hard hat for hands-free illumination. But you can also detach the 90° lamp and use it handheld or attach its magnetized base to a metal surface, like the inside of a car hood, for use as a trouble light. The light's top setting delivers a blazing 2700 lumens, while its ultra-low 1-lumen setting offers a remarkable maximum runtime of 1200 hours.
The HC35 comes with a 4000mAh 21700 li-ion battery, but it can also use one 18650 or two CR123A cells, and the micro-USB port makes onboard recharging easy. Its hard anodized aluminum housing is rated IP68 waterproof, submersible to 6.6', and built to withstand being dropped from 3.3'. A single push-button switch turns the light on and off and cycles through five brightness levels, plus disorienting strobe, location beacon, and SOS signal. Constant-current circuitry delivers a flicker-free beam, and safeguards include advanced temperature regulation, electronic reverse-polarity protection, and vents to dissipate the heat from high-output use. The light tilts 180° in its mount. Channels in the elastic headband keep perspiration out of your eyes, while the band's reflective markings offer a measure of safety.
- Ultra-low: 1 lumen
- Low: 40 lumens
- Med: 270 lumens
- High: 800 lumens
- Turbo: 2700 lumens
- Emergency modes: Location beacon, SOS, strobe
- Push-button switch
- Press for on/off, brightness levels, emergency modes
- Direct access to turbo and ultra-Low settings
- Light otherwise activates at last-used setting
- Anodized aluminum alloy light housing
- Elastic nylon headband
- Light can be detached for handheld use
- Four Cree XP-G3 S3 LEDs
- Total Reflective Optic lens with beaded surface for smooth, comfortable beam
- Magnetic tailcap for hands-free use
- Impact resistant to 3.3'
- IP68-rated water resistant, submersible to 6.6'
- Battery status indicator light in switch