Record high-quality podcasts or stream sterling audio with the RODE NT-USB Mini, a USB microphone that punches above its class in terms of sound, reliability, and ease of use. Whether you're recording content on a computer or a tablet, this USB microphone can ensure a professional sound, as its capsule is specifically tuned for the spoken word, and its construction is tailored to provide as little handling noise as possible. Plus, with free RODE Connect software, you can simultaneously use up to four NT-USB Mini mics with a single Mac/Windows computer and unlock special features optimized for podcasting.
Works with Your Setup
- The mic will operate with both Mac and Windows computers, no special driver downloads are required.
- You can also use it with smartphones and tablets, so long as you have the compatible adapter for mobile devices (available separately).
- No preamp, interface, converters, or mixer are necessary for recording your voice.
- The included stand is more than a stand—it isolates the NT-USB Mini from structurally borne noises and vibrations; this delivers a cleaner sound.
- If you want to take the mic off the stand, this is easy, as its magnetically attached. A 5/8 to 3/8" thread adapter ensures you can mount NT-USB Mini on nearly any mic stand.
Designed for the Spoken Word
- The NT-USB Mini's condenser capsule is tuned by RODE to capture both the warmth and the presence of your voice, giving your recordings the heft they need to cut through the fray.
- It will do so, while minimizing noise in the room, thanks to its cardioid polar pattern, which naturally focuses audio spoken directly into the mic while tamping down any sound to the back or sides.
- An internal windscreen filters out vocal plosives to help you capture a clean recording, one that sounds professional right out of the gate.
- The mic records audio at 24-bit/48 kHz, giving you the broadcast standard for how many samples it can record in a second, and providing a high degree of dynamic range. A non-techy translation: this microphone is well suited for picking up the nuances of your voice.
Cardioid Polar Pattern for the Untreated Room
- The microphone makes use of a directional cardioid polar pattern to minimize off-axis sound.
- This polar pattern naturally tamps down room tone, focusing the audio capture on whatever's in front of the mic.
- Depending on your particular room, you may still need a little room treatment, or some noise-reduction software, to address issues such as your computer's hum or your air conditioner—but the chances of this are markedly lower with a cardioid polar pattern.
Built-In 3.5mm Headphone Jack and Volume Dial
- The mic offers a headphone jack for monitoring.
- Just plug a pair of headphones into the NT-USB Mini's 3.5mm jack, and you'll be able to listen to your high-quality audio in all its glory.
- Also, a convenient volume dial helps you raise or lower the headphone volume; you won't have to change the volume on your computer or your recording software to hear audio at your desired level.
Up to Four Mics for Panel Podcasts
RODE Connect is a simple, powerful, and free software solution for podcasting and livestreaming with the NT-USB Mini.
- Unlock the true potential of the NT-USB Mini: RODE Connect unlocks access to the NT-USB Mini’s built-in compressor, noise gate, and legendary APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors. Activated with a single click, each processor is optimized for the NT-USB Mini and will deliver an extra level of professional shine to your recordings.
- Podcast the easy way: connect up to four NT-USB Minis to a single Mac or PC without the need for complex routing or complicated software. Featuring an intuitive, fully featured recording interface, virtual channels for connecting remote guests, and automatic mix-minus on each channel for crystal-clear, echo-free communication, this is the easiest way to make a professional podcast.
- Stream like a pro: together with the NT-USB Mini, RODE Connect is a powerful solution for streamers and gamers who want to simplify their audio setup. Offering streamlined control over microphone audio and external applications, plus dedicated output controls for streaming apps like OBS or Xsplit, setting up livestream audio has never been easier.
Optional Color-Coding Package
- Designed to match the channel colors in RODE Connect software, COLORS (available separately) is a set of color-coded caps and cable clips for up to four Rode NT-USB Mini microphones.
- The set makes it extremely simple to keep track of who is talking in panel podcasts and multi-person interviews and live streams.
- Presented in pink, green, blue, and orange, COLORS includes four caps that attach to the top of your NT-USB Mini mics, four clips for USB Type-A cables, and eight clips for USB Type-C cables.