The Vienna Symphonic Library Synchron Bösendorfer Upright Standard Library is a virtual instrument that puts the pure and rich sound of a Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 at your fingertips. Although physically an upright piano, the instrument delivers the subtle nuances, powerful bass, and pristine piano sound usually associated with the large body of a concert grand.
The 48.6GB Synchron Bösendorfer Upright Standard Library was meticulously sampled on Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna, Austria. The instrument utilizes up to 59,732 samples recorded with 4 different microphone combinations to capture the natural ambience of this recording space.
Six preconfigured character presets are provided for different types of music ranging from concert to pop. Thanks to the included Synchron Pianos Software, you can tailor the piano's responses and timbre to your individual needs.
The software is compatible with Mac and Windows, and operates in AU, VST, and AAX formats.
Owners of the Standard Library may easily upgrade to the Full Library at any time by purchasing the Vienna Symphonic Library Synchron Bösendorfer Upright Upgrade to Full Library (available separately).
Key Features at a Glance
- 48.6GB library with 59,732 samples of a Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130
- 4 microphone positions for a variety of timbral variations
- 1 general preset: Room Mix
- Advanced Release Sample Technology
- Preconfigured Main presets: Concert, Intimate, Player, Pop, Ambience, Vintage
- Recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna
4 Microphone Positions
- 1. Close 1: Condenser (Schoeps 2 x MK4, ORTF)
- 2. Mid 2: (Schoeps KFM6, over the piano)
- 3. Main/Room Mic: Decca tree stereo (Neumann KM 133)
- 4. Main/Room Mic: Decca tree mono (Neumann KM 133)
Customize Your Personal Sound
- The instrument comes with the free Vienna Synchron Pianos Software, which offers multiple options for shaping your sound and playing experience
- Hosting a high-performance playback engine, the software provides a full-blown mixer with a broad range of effects such as EQ, compressor, saturator, algorithmic reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, rotary, and many more
- Change the volume of body resonances, sympathetic strings, and pedal noises right in the main Play window
- In the Edit window, you may even adjust EQ, volume, tuning, dynamic range, and more—for each individual key