Take full advantage of the speed and power first- and second-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors with the TR4 socket using the Gigabyte X399 AORUS PRO TR4 ATX Motherboard. Designed for enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals, this ATX motherboard is designed with the AMD X399 chipset to power its components. Up to 128GB of quad-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 3600 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across eight memory slots to handle large projects, enable more efficient multitasking, and to run demanding applications. It also supports up to three M.2 SSDs and eight SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, or 10 configuration. Its five PCIe x16 slots can accommodate NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, and Quad-GPU configurations to maximize your system's graphical capabilities for high frame rates, connecting 4K and 8K monitors, and faster video rendering times.
The X399 AORUS PRO also has USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C and Type-A headers, which deliver a maximum throughput of 10 Gb/s with compatible devices. Other features include a Gigabit Ethernet port that is optimized using the cFosSpeed network management application. Additionally, the Realtek ALC1220 audio codec brings immersive 7.1-channel surround sound to your favorite games and movies. Your computing experience can be further customized using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards using the desktop software or mobile app. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
- Thermal guards help to quickly dissipate heat from the M.2 solid-state drives to avoid speed throttling.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer's noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
Storage and Memory
- Three M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
- Eight SATA III headers are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- RAID 0, 1, and 10 configurations are supported.
- Up to 128GB of quad-channel DDR4-3600 (OC) memory can be installed across eight slots.
NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX Support
Designed for Durability
- Gold-plated power connectors help ensure a stable power supply to critical components such as the CPU without overloading them.
- A stainless-steel shield reinforces the PCIe connectors, providing extra strength to support heavy graphics cards.
- Gigabyte's double locking brackets keep PCIe slots securely affixed to the motherboard.
- The DualBIOS design features a secondary backup BIOS to help recover from computer viruses, hardware issues, and other issues that could endanger your computer.
- This motherboard features resistors with an anti-sulfur layer that help prevent sulfur compounds in the air from causing electrical malfunctions.