Save time on demanding computing tasks with the Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard. Built for content creators, enthusiasts, and designers, this motherboard is powered by the Intel Z390 chipset and supports 8th and 9th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1151 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such 3D rendering, video editing, and more. Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 4266 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots. The ATX motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to two M.2 SSDs and six SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configurations. Its three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots can accommodate 2-Way and Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI or Quad-GPU and 2-Way/3-Way AMD CrossFireX configurations to maximize your system's graphical capabilities for high frame rates, connecting 4K and 8K monitors, and faster video rendering times. Alternatively, the built-in HDMI and two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow you to take advantage of integrated CPU graphics. Two additional PCIe 3.0 x1 slots are available for compatible expansion cards.
In addition to having a DisplayPort-In port for compatible external graphics cards, the motherboard's two Thunderbolt 3 ports each have a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s across daisy chained devices. The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Enjoy fast network connections using the two Gigabit Ethernet ports and the built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which can wirelessly transfer data at up to 1.73 Gb/s with compatible Wave 2 devices. The Z390 DESIGNARE also delivers deep and immersive 7.1-channel surround sound through the Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec. You can customize your computing experience by connecting an RGB light strip, which can be programmed with a variety of dazzling effects. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
Storage and Memory
- Two M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
- Six SATA III headers are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 configurations are supported.
- Intel Optane memory modules are supported, which enhance mechanical disk drives by caching frequently accessed data.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4-4266 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
- The specially designed heatsinks feature multiple fin cuts and work alongside a direct touch heatpipe to deliver lower MOSFET temperatures.
- A thick thermal pad provides strong contact pressure between the heatsink and components for faster heat transfer.
- Thermal guards help to quickly dissipate heat from the M.2 solid-state drives to avoid speed throttling.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer's noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
- The Z390 DESIGNARE features a digital PWM controller and DrMOS, which includes 12+1 phases that efficiently provide power to critical components.
- A double copper layer PCB design efficiently delivers power to critical components at lower temperatures.
Designed for Durability
- Double locking brackets keep PCIe slots securely affixed to the motherboard.
- A stainless steel shield reinforces the PCIe connectors, providing extra strength to support heavy graphics cards.
- The memory slots include stainless steel shielding, which is designed to prevent bending, twisting, and distortion in addition to protecting against possible electrostatic interference.
- Solid plated ATX 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors deliver a stable power supply to key components.
- Static resistance and anti-surge technologies help to protect the motherboard against damage caused by static electricity and irregular power delivery.
- The pre-installed I/O shield streamlines installation.
- The DualBIOS feature provides you with both a main and backup BIOS to protect against malfunctions due to viruses, power failure, and other issues.
NVIDIA SLI / AMD CrossFireX Support
- The Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec provides vibrant 7.1-channel surround sound to your speakers with 120 dBA headphone SNR and 110 dBA microphone SNR.
- High-quality, durable capacitors help to deliver clear sound to audio equipment.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet port provides a fast network connection with high-speed data transfers using compatible devices.
- Built-in 802.11ac dual-band Wave 2 Wi-Fi transfers up to 1.73 Gb/s of data over compatible wireless networks.
- The cFosSpeed network traffic management application to automatically allocate bandwidth so that the highest network priority goes to games or specified applications.
- Bluetooth 5 offers a faster transmission rate and 4x the range of Bluetooth 4.2.