Designed for audio engineers, game sound-designers, AR/VR producers, and 3D audio pioneers, the Voyage Audio Spatial Mic is a professional second-order ambisonics VR microphone capable of single-wire connectivity to a computer or mobile device. It employs an array of eight 14mm condenser capsules to record in 360-degree, allowing the sound your viewers hear to change as they move and look around in a Virtual Reality or 360° video.
The Spatial Mic's innovative design helps streamline the recording workflow associated with multi-channel microphone arrays. It employs built-in USB and ADAT Lightpipe connectivity, with no external mic preamps, multi-channel cables carrying analog signals, or converters needed. Live headphone monitoring is available. A calibration profile is stored within each mic to ensure consistent purity of signal. USB recording quality goes up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
The mic works in tandem with two powerful apps (free downloads available separately). Used in post-production, the Spatial Mic Converter DAW plug-in (VST, AAX, Mac OSX, and Windows 10) transforms the raw capsule output to first- or second-order ambisonic in AmbiX or Fuma formats, offering the capability to change the microphone's aim to the point in space where the audio was initially recorded. The Spatial Mic Control app allows for remote operation of all hardware controls and more (Mac OSX and Windows 10).
Light, compact, and durable, the Spatial Mic features high-quality aluminum and nylon construction, making it ideal for recording both in the studio or in the field. The mic can either be bus-powered from a computer via USB Type-C, or for use with mobile devices, by an external power bank (available separately) via micro-USB.
To get you recording right out of the box, the Spatial Mic comes in a kit that includes USB Type-C and USB Type-A cables, a metal mini swivel ball head mount, and a foam windscreen.
Record the Entire Sound Field with Precision
- Eight 14mm condenser capsules for second-order ambisonics are perfectly matched to multi-stage, digitally controlled analog front ends and 110 dB-SNR DACs.
- USB streaming up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- ADAT Lightpipe streaming up to 24-bit/48 kHz.
- Sample rates USB: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Sample rates ADAT: 44.1 and 48 kHz.
- ADC clipping in pad mode: 131 dB SPL.
- Prior to shipping, a unique calibration profile is measured and stored within every Spatial Mic to ensure consistent quality.
- A dedicated digital circuit board within Spatial Mic features a 16-core processor and high-resolution SiLabs clocking scheme.
- Output filters, selectable within the Spatial Mic Converter plug-in, have been carefully constructed for precise audio conversion.
- Made in the USA with domestic and foreign components.
Streamlined 360° Workflow
- On the front of the Spatial Mic, a knob and a brigh LED display provide quick control over analog mic gain, mute, monitor mix between live and computer playback, and overall level of the headphone output.
- View individual capsule signals or stereo monitor level on the front LED display and remotely control these metering modes (and more) with the Spatial Mic Control app.
- The mic's output may be head-tracked and used natively with content delivery tools from YouTube, Facebook, and Google Resonance SDK.
- Live binaural monitoring is available using Google Resonance HRTFs (44.1 and 48 kHz) and live Mid-Side monitoring (88.2 and 96 kHz).
- A 1/4-20 thread mount on the back of the mic allows for mounting to a standard microphone stand using the included ball head mount.
- For isolation from unwanted vibrations, the mic is designed to fit the Rycote InVision shockmount (available separately).