Bundled together by B&H for your convenience, this Saramonic Blink 500 B1 Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Kit offers essential tools for pairing a professional-sounding wireless system and GoPro action cameras. The kit supplies the Saramonic Blink B1 Camera-Mount Wireless System alongside a GoPro 3.5mm mic adapter.
The Saramonic Blink 500 B1 is an easy-to-use wireless system with receiver and a transmitter that doubles as a microphone. However, the kit also includes an omnidirectional lapel mic so you can mount to your tie or collar, effectively hiding the mic from view. This transmitter and receiver combination are specifically tailored for run-and-gun applications.
The kit also supplies a 3.5mm to USB adapter that lets you route audio from your Blink receiver directly to select GoPro HERO models. The adapter is compatible with the HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, and HERO5 Session. It offers a right-angled USB connection.
Simplify and expedite your entry into wireless audio with the Saramonic Blink 500 B1, an ultracompact and extraordinarily easy-to-use true wireless microphone system offering a cost-effective, all-inclusive solution for recording one subject to your camera, camcorder, or mobile device.The Blink 500 B1 delivers considerably improved sound quality compared to the built-in mics on cameras and mobile devices while functioning as an ultracompact digital system that provides immediate out-of-the-box operability for anyone, making it ideal for video, podcast, and mobile journalism applications. Once it's plugged in and powered on, it's set and ready so your focus can stay on your content. Equally straightforward and small, the Blink 500 B1 gives you everything necessary for recording crisp, clear speech in any location. You get a clip-on transmitter with a built-in microphone and a clip-on omni lavalier mic, a dual-channel receiver with an integrated clip and shoe mount, and multiple charging and audio cables. Whether you're a run-and-gun videographer, a YouTube content creator, or an avid vlogger, the Blink 500 B1 can get your wireless audio going in no time.
- Use the ultracompact clip-on transmitter as a true wireless microphone with its built-in mic element, or as a bodypack transmitter with its supplied clip-on lavalier microphone.
- The ultracompact dual-channel receiver features an integrated clip with a shoe mount for flexible placement on you or your camera. Two different audio cables are provided to ensure proper hookup to a camera, camcorder, smartphone, or tablet.
- Simply power on the receiver and transmitter to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
- With the receiver and transmitter paired at the factory, the Blink 500 system is comfortably easy to use for anyone, anywhere. Videographers, vloggers, YouTubers, and mobile journalists will benefit from the Blink 500's power-and-go operating style.
- Advanced technology invisibly handles the complicated tasks such as switching channels to avoid dropouts, leaving you with a streamlined and simple system that requires no menu diving or tedious manual configuration.
- Blink 500 systems utilize 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution—the same audio standard used worldwide by sound engineers in the film industry—to give you quality sound at a budget-friendly price point.
- Compared to the built-in microphones on cameras and mobile devices, Blink 500 systems offer considerably improved fidelity and clarity with less noise.
- Since your subjects may speak at very different volumes, Saramonic outfitted the Blink 500 TX with dedicated gain buttons to allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level. You can even turn the volume all the way down to effectively mute the transmitter.
- Knowing that camera preamps are often noisy, the Blink 500 RX’s 3.5mm output sends a strong line-level signal so you won’t have to crank the gain at your camera. If your camera has a mic-level input, be sure to lower its input gain to prevent clipping. The Blink 500 RX can even be used to drive headphones for quick monitor checks and troubleshooting.
- Since the Blink 500 RX is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle two Blink 500 TX wireless transmitters (second transmitter available separately). If you need to expand beyond that, you can use up to 18 Blink 500 systems at once to accommodate up to 36 wireless microphones.
- Each Blink 500 system can include one dual-channel receiver and up to two transmitters. Choose from camera-mount (Blink 500 RX), Lightning (Blink 500 RXDi), or USB Type-C (Blink 500 RXUC) receivers.
- The Blink 500 TX features a built-in miniature condenser microphone with an omni pickup pattern that captures clear and natural voice tonality. Thanks to the transmitter's ultracompact housing, you can clip it to clothing, slide it into a shirt pocket, place it on a podium, or hold it in your hand.
- For maximum visual discretion, use the Blink 500 TX as traditional bodypack transmitter with the supplied lavalier microphone. Just clip the omni lav mic to a collar or lapel, then plug it into the transmitter's 3.5mm input; the transmitter automatically switches to the external microphone so you don't have to bother selecting the input source.
- The lavalier mic includes a foam windscreen that lessens noise caused by light wind, breaths, and air conditioning systems. For enhanced reduction of stronger wind noise, a separately available furry windshield (a.k.a. windjammer) such as the Saramonic LM-WS can be fitted to the microphone.
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the Blink 500 digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- Within the 2.4 GHz spectrum, the Blink 500 boasts automatic channel hopping to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
- Don’t be concerned about licensing or selecting frequencies; the Blink 500 system uses the license-free 2.4 GHz band, so you can go anywhere in the world and have a reliable, fully functional wireless system.
- Lightweight, ultracompact housings
- Receiver's built-in clip with shoe mount allows easy attachment to your camera, belt, or clothing
- Transmitter's intelligent LED indicators show power, audio level, low-battery level, and charging status
- Internal 5-hour batteries keep you going on long shoots or multiple run-and-gun gigs in a day
- USB Type-C connectivity and included charging cables for recharging the internal lithium-ion batteries or powering the receiver and transmitter
- Use up to two transmitters with each receiver
- Operate up to 18 systems simultaneously in the same environment
- Includes gold-plated 3.5mm TRS cable for connection to a camera or camcorder
- Includes gold-plated 3.5mm TRRS cable for connection to a smartphone or tablet equipped with a headphone jack
- Connect to Fuji cameras outfitted with 2.5mm mic input jacks via the Saramonic SR-25C35 adapter cable (available separately)
The Pro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter from GoPro allows you to record high-quality clean audio from an external source with your GoPro. It's compatible with the HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black, HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, and HERO5 Session.
A 3.5mm analog stereo input can accept mic or line-level signals, and is compatible with powered and unpowered microphones. So whether you want to plug in a shotgun or lavalier mic for interviews, or take a signal directly from a music venue's mixing console, this adapter will come in handy. The internal A/D (analog to digital) conversion has 106 dB of headroom, ensuring a clean audio recording. While the adapter takes up the camera's USB port, a pass-through USB port is available on the adapter, so you can still charge your camera with the adapter plugged in.