Designed for mobile journalists, podcasters, vloggers, and live streamers, the Polsen MO-IDL1-MK2 is a compact lavalier microphone that lets you record clear and accurate speech directly to your DSLR/mirrorless camera or audio recorder. It is also compatible with iOS/Android smartphones or tablets that are equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The MO-IDL1-MK2 features an omnidirectional pickup pattern that captures sound equally well in every direction, ensuring that the level of your voice remains consistent, even when moving your head while the mic is clipped to your shirt or lapel.
The microphone's compatibility can be changed with the flip of a switch that toggles between Camera and Phone output modes, switching the output of the mic to either TRS or TRRS. The cable between the mic capsule and switch is 3.5' long. The cable between the switch and the camera is 20' long, and terminated with a 3.5mm TRRS connector. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter is also included to plug into cameras like the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera.
A battery comes installed so you can use the MO-IDL1-MK2 with cameras and devices that do not provide power to the microphone. The included alligator-style clip holds the lavalier mic firmly in place and the foam windscreen helps reduce unwanted wind noise and vocal plosives. A storage pouch is provided to hold everything neatly during storage or transport.
- The MO-IDL1-MK2 is optimized for the voice. It produces a rich and natural sound, whether you’re speaking to a live audience or recording audio for video.
- The microphone features an electret condenser element with a smooth frequency response and wide dynamic range to effectively and accurately capture speech.
- The function switch configures the MO-IDL1-MK2 for recording to either an iOS/Android smartphone/tablet (with a 3.5mm headphone jack), DSLR/mirrorless, camcorder, or computer—without the need for separate microphones to record to each type of device.
- When the function switch is set to the Camera position, the included button-cell battery provides the power you need to record to a DSLR, camcorder, computer, or tablet.
- When it's set to the Phone position, it turns off the battery to preserve battery life, and the microphone operates using the plug-in power from your smartphone.