A comprehensive bundle, the Olympus OM-D E-M1X Mirrorless Camera with 7-14mm, 40-150mm, and 300mm Lenses Kit from B&H pairs the capable Micro Four Thirds camera body with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO wide-angle zoom, M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO telephoto zoom, and M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO super-telephoto prime lens.
Focused on reliability, speed, and versatility, the Olympus OM-D E-M1X is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera offering a broad range of photo and video capabilities to satisfy the professional shooter's needs. Featuring a high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and dual TruePic VIII image processors, the E-M1X is characterized by its quick continuous shooting, up to 60 fps with an electronic shutter and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter, as well as DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor and processors also offer a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization system compensates for up to 7.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Beyond just imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Distinguishing itself further, the E-M1X is also the first Micro Four Thirds camera to feature an integrated vertical grip for improved ergonomics and handling regardless of shooting in horizontal or vertical orientation. This grip also allows for two batteries to be used at a time, for longer shooting sessions. The durable magnesium-alloy body is further characterized by its extensive weather-sealing to support working in harsh climates, and both a 2.36m-dot, 0.83x-magnification electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.037m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen are featured, too, for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth further expand sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type-C port expand file saving and tethered shooting capabilities.
Benefitting recording in varying light conditions, an integrated OM-Log setting can be used to extend the effective dynamic range and afford a greater range of control during post-production color grading when used with the accompanying LUT file. Use of an external recording monitor is also possible, via HDMI output, which supports 4:2:2 color for a greater color correction range. Firmware v2.0 adds raw video output to select optional external recorders for 12-bit 4K recording at 30, 25, and 24 fps settings in the Apple ProRes RAW format.
Additionally, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too, as well as a high-speed Full HD setting with 120 fps frame rate.
Complementing the control over autofocus, focusing speed and tracking is further benefitted by Intelligent Subject Detection AF; an algorithm that uses deep learning technology to automatically detect specific subjects, focus on them, and track them. This system has specifically been developed for photographing birds, cars, motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, trains, and locomotives. For photographing people, Face Priority and Eye Priority AF is also available to prioritize the face and eyes of your subject. And for working in low-light conditions, focusing sensitivity is available down to -6 EV.
Benefitting focus operation, dual AF multi selectors are featured on the camera for easy access in either the horizontal or vertical orientation and AF area/target settings can also be customized for shooting in either orientation. Converse to autofocus capabilities, manual focus users are also benefitted by live view magnification and focus peaking controls for greater accuracy.
Firmware V2.0 adds a focus indicator display to aid manual focus precision.
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and it offers an impressive 0.83x maximum magnification for clear, distortion-free viewing. The finder's design uses a four-element optical system, which includes aspherical and high refractive index elements, for high clarity and it also has a maximum frame rate of 120 fps and lag time of 0.005 sec for fluid and accurate movement rendering.
- Rear 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and it is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, an LV Boost mode can be used to optimize the screen's brightness and prioritize the frame rate when working in dark locations.
- Integrated vertical grip offers a more ergonomic and secure design for holding the camera in either the horizontal or vertical shooting orientation. This design also affords more room for incorporating two sets of physical controls, shutter releases, and permits working with two batteries.
- Dual BLH-1 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are used to provide extended shooting times, rated to 870 shots per charge with normal settings or up to an impressive 2580 shots per charge with the quick sleep mode activated.
- The USB Type-C port can be used for quick in-camera charging of both batteries; up to 100W of power can be delivered to charge in as little as two hours and a dedicated Battery Status display will highlight charging stats and battery degradation info.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording. Additionally, both card slots are UHS-II compatible for fast read/write speeds regardless of which slot is used as the primary.
- Wide accessory compatibility provided with the incorporation of headphone and microphone ports, a PC sync flash terminal and top hot shoe, USB Type-C and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remotes.
- Rugged splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the magnesium-alloy body to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments, even when a cable, microphone, or a set of headphones are attached.
- Benefitting working with the electronic viewfinder, a series of physical controls are placed about the top and rear of the camera for easy access. Also, the multi-selector, control dial, and AFL/AEL button have been duplicated for access when shooting in either the horizontal or vertical orientation.
- C-Lock is a position with the Lock lever that allows you to customize which features will be locked and which will remain unlocked when in the C-Lock position. It can also be used to lock the vertical position controls if choosing to shoot entirely with the horizontal orientation controls.
- Supersonic Wave Filter and a dust-resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the likelihood of dust reaching the sensor.
- Integrated heat pipe helps to dissipate heat from the imaging components to benefit recording video and shooting sequential stills in hot temperatures.
- Durable shutter unit is rated to perform for over 400,000 actuations.
- Tripod High Res Shot mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP JPEG image or 80MP raw image by combining eight sequentially recorded frames into a single, larger image. In between each of the exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final image with greater resolution and color detail. The dual TruePic VIII processors aid this process by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Handheld High Res Shot mode, like the Tripod mode, produces a 50MP JPEG or raw file by compositing sequentially recorded files into a single image. The Handheld High Res Shot mode differs from the Tripod mode by recording 16 independent frames, opposed to eight, and the slight movement caused by hand-holding provides the range of movement needed to produce the larger final image.
- Simulating the effects of a neutral density filter, Live ND results in blurred subject movement by compositing exposures to replicate the look of a single image taken at a slower shutter speed. Particularly suitable for photographing moving water, five modes are available—ND2, ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32—to vary how movement is portrayed.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Pro Capture Mode is a unique setting that starts recording and buffering full-resolution JPEG or raw images prior to fully depressing the shutter. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, frames will begin to be recorded, and once you fully press the shutter, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 35 frames. Additionally, you can hold the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- Anti-flicker shooting automatically detects the frequency/flicker of artificial lighting and activates the shutter at peak brightness moments to render exposures with consistent exposure and color.
- In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, 300mm f/4 IS PRO, 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO, and 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lenses.
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view. Similarly, Fisheye Compensation allows you to use the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO lens as a rectilinear wide-angle lens by correcting and eliminating distortion.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated O.I.Share app for iOS and Android.
- Built-in Field Sensor System sports an integrated GPS module (GLONASS and QZSS) along with an electronic compass, manometer, temperature sensor, and acceleration sensor.
- For post-processing, Olympus Workspace software is available for processing raw files, editing images, and managing your photo library. Files can be previewed, rated, and tagged; customizable functions can be set for faster access to oft-used functions; and raw files can be processed faster compared to previous iterations. Additionally, for image editing, clarity and dehaze sliders are available, alongside other editing tools, for fine-tuning the look of photos.
- Olympus Capture, a tethering application, now supports wireless tethering in addition to conventional tethering over USB connection.
A versatile wide-angle zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO from Olympus is a 14-28mm equivalent lens featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. A suite of aspherical, extra-low dispersion, and high-refractive index elements are featured within the optical design, and help to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for increased clarity and sharpness. Additionally, a ZERO coating has been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity. A weather-resistant design benefits handling in trying conditions while an L-Fn button offers lens-based control over various settings. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance to benefit both photo and video applications. As a fast, high-performance wide-angle zoom, this Micro Four Thirds lens pairs an optimized optical layout with refined physical details to excel in a variety of working conditions.
Offering long reach with an advanced feature-set and optical design, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO from Olympus is a versatile 80-300mm equivalent telephoto zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. As part of the PRO series of advanced lenses, this zoom distinguishes itself with a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture for consistent illumination throughout the zoom range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Its optical design makes use of a series of aspherical and low dispersion glass elements to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness and clarity, and a ZERO coating is also used to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast, color-accurate imaging.
Complementing the optics, a dual VCM autofocus system offers fast and near-silent focusing performance to suit both stills and movie recording applications. A manual focus clutch permits quick switching between AF and MF, and a programmable L-Fn button avails lens-based control over shooting settings. The lens is also weather-sealed for working in trying conditions, and a removable rotating tripod collar is included for improved balance and support when working atop a tripod or monopod.
A long-reaching super telephoto for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO from Olympus is a 600mm equivalent lens that balances refined optics with a hand-holdable design. Super ED, E-HR, and HR glass elements are combined to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations to provide a high degree of clarity and sharpness, and a Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for high contrast, color-accurate imaging.
Complementing the optical attributes, this lens is also characterized by its optical image stabilization system, which can be used in conjunction with camera-based sensor-shift IS to realize a six-stop effective reduction in the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system is also employed to realize quick and quiet focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch enables seamless switching between focusing methods for more intuitive use. The lens is also fitted with a removable rotating tripod collar for improved balance and support, and the lens is weather-sealed to guard against dust, moisture, and freezing temperatures to benefit working in harsh climates.