Styled in black, this Shure MX391 is a Microflex supercardioid boundary microphone. It's easy to use, features an inline preamp, and offers interchangeable mic capsules. It's designed to pick up speech in a manner preserving its intelligibility. The mic is well suited for sound reinforcement and recording applications in boardrooms, conference centers, educational settings, houses of worship, and more.
A Streamlined, Low-Profile Solution
- The compact, low-profile microphone is designed to be surface-mounted on conference tables, stage floors, and lecterns.
- The sleek, unobtrusive form factor stays out of the way of panelists and presenters, making it a smart solution for video conferencing.
- The MX391 doesn't offer mute switches, so speakers can't mute themselves—the mic is always ready to capture every moment in a panel discussion or presentation.
Interchangeable Mic Capsule Tailored for Speech and Vocals
- The condenser microphone is optimized for crisp, clear speech.
- The mic's supercardioid pickup pattern focuses audio capture tightly on the speaker directly in front on the mic, reducing unwanted noise and feedback.
- An interchangeable mic capsule design allows you to swap out the supercardioid capsule for a cardioid or omnidirectional capsule for applications requiring a more forgiving pickup pattern (two people sharing a single mic, for example).
Inline Preamp with XLR Output
- Included is an inline preamp with a standard 3-pin XLR output ready to plug into a PA system, mixer, or recorder capable of supplying 12 to 48V phantom power needed to power the mic.
- The preamp offers a high level of RF filtering, making the mic substantially less susceptible to unwanted radio interference.