Comprising everything needed to live stream video from home, the Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera with Home Streaming Kit, from B&H, bundles the versatile compact camera with a tabletop tripod, a memory card, a video capture device, and an HDMI cable.
Vloggers and influencers rejoice, the Sony ZV-1 is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation.
Featuring a side flip-out 3.0" touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
Despite its sleek and lightweight design, the ZV-1 is also characterized by its large right-hand grip that is ideal for one-handed recording in conjunction with a front tally lamp, larger REC button on the top plate, and a Multi Interface Shoe for attaching accessories. An impressive ZEISS 24-70mm-equivalent standard zoom lens, with a bright f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range, is also featured and, suiting recording while walking, Active SteadyShot image stabilization helps to steady footage and reduce the appearance of camera shake for smoother takes.
Inside, the ZV-1 has some familiar imaging attributes in the form of a 20.1MP 1"-type Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, with front-end LSI, which contributes to impressively fast performance along with wide-ranging sensitivity to suit working in a variety of conditions. The processing capabilities avail Real-Time Eye AF and Real-Time Tracking for quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. In terms of video specs, UHD 4K recording at 30p is supported for extended takes and a micro-HDMI port can be used to conjunction with an external recorder or monitor if desired. Footage is also benefitted by Sony's S-Log3/2 and HLG picture profiles that match up with their professional cine cameras for refined color, dynamic range, and detail when recording.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Since the screen flips out to the side, the top plate has been redesigned to incorporate a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors.
- Firmware version 2.00 enables camera livestreaming by simply connecting the camera to a computer via USB, allowing the ZV-1's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing. UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming. In addition, this firmware update provides compatibility between the ZV-1 and Sony's Xperia smartphones for livestreaming on the go, by using the smartphone as a hot spot and as a secondary display for monitoring the live feed and reading comments.
- Both a 3.5mm microphone port and a Multi Interface Shoe are also featured for greater accessory compatibility.
- Compact and lightweight body design is complemented by an easy-to-hold right-hand grip that makes one-handed operation more comfortable and efficient. There is also a large REC button for quick recognition.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring.
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product showcases and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting (f/1.8-2.8), using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh. A built-in ND filter benefits using this mode in bright lighting conditions by controlling overexposure.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject's face to create a natural, smooth complexion. The default setting is Mid and can be adjusted to Off, Low, or Hi.
- For longer takes, extended continuous video recording is available when setting the Auto Power OFF Temp. function to High.
- Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking. This mode combines optical and electronic stabilization methods for more effective results—when recording HD video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 11 times more than with standard SteadyShot; when recording 4K video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 8 times more than with standard SteadyShot.
This sensor is paired with a revised BIONZ X image processor and front-end LSI, which dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 24 fps with continuous AF/AE calculations being performed at 60 times per second. The front-end LSI and enhanced sensor performance also improve overall image quality, especially at higher sensitivities, by reducing noise and offering higher perceived resolution and color definition.
The flexible reach is complemented by Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the ZV-1 allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Speed is also a huge advantage of the ZV-1, and, in video, users will benefit from advanced High Frame Rate shooting and super slow motion. In Full HD, shooters will have access to a standard 120 fps setting that will enable outstanding slow motion when placed in editing software. In addition to this, the camera also offers a dedicated HFR mode that boosts the camera's frame rate to up to 960 fps.
A Photo Capture function is built directly into the camera, allowing shooters to quickly save an 8.29MP still from their UHD 4K movies. Full HD can also benefit from this feature, where users will be able to pull a 2MP still. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable, making it usable around the world, vertical videos can be recorded with embedded metadata to correct for the vertical orientation during playback.
- Interval shooting mode is ideal for creating time-lapse movies with the aid of Imaging Edge software. Intervals can be selected between 1-60 seconds for recording up to 9999 sequential free. Also, in-camera battery charging is possible via the USB port using a portable battery to benefit long interval shooting sessions.
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
The Pengo Technology 1080p HDMI to USB Type-C Video Grabber, in titanium gray, allows you to capture up to 1080p60 video resolution from game consoles, cameras, and other devices via an HDMI input port, and to send the video to a Mac or Windows computer over a USB output for live streaming. The USB output is provided on a short integrated cable, allowing for a self-contained, portable solution for your streaming workflow. A USB Type-C to Type-A adapter is included for connecting to computers that don't have a USB Type-C port. The grabber supports embedded audio on input and output.
- Capture up to 1080p60 resolution video from game consoles, cameras, and other devices via an HDMI input port
- Send the captured video to a Mac or Windows desktop or laptop over a USB 3.0 Type-C output for live streaming
- Integrated USB cable; USB Type-C to Type-A adapter included
- 4:4:4 HDMI video sampling
- YUY2, RGB output color space
- i5 Dual Core 2.8 GHz or higher
- 4 GB RAM or higher
- Microsoft Windows 8 and above; macOS 10.13 and above
- a9 II, a7R IV, a6600, a6100, RX100 VII, ZV-1
- a9, a7R III, a7 III, a6400, RX0 II compatible once updated to latest firmware
The 64GB SF-E Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from Sony features a storage capacity of 64GB and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support advanced DSLR functions such as continuous shutter bursts and rapid shooting, as well as raw and JPEG captures. This card is also well-suited for video capture, including 4K, 3D, HFR, and Full HD video, and can achieve maximum read speeds of up to 270 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 70 MB/s. Thanks to its V30 speed class rating, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 30 MB/s.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V30 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V30. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating. When used in a UHS-I device, this card will deliver read speeds of up to 95 MB/s and write speeds of up to 70 MB/s.
As with most Sony cards, this memory card is resistant against water, dust, drops, temperature, UV light, and X-rays and. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download File Rescue software for free to help recover deleted content.
Connect your camera or camcorder to your TV or monitor with the 3' Pearstone HDD-203 High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable. It supports resolutions up to DCI 4K at 60p with an 18 Gb/s bandwidth for high-speed signal transfers. Its PVC jacket helps protect the cable.