- UHD 4K recording is possible with frame rates up to 120p, using full 1:1 pixel readout without binning. Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling is also possible in all recording modes and, if recording externally via the full-size HDMI A port, 16-bit raw output is also possible for even greater tonal reproduction and post-production flexibility.
- Two codecs have also been developed: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates, and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- The high-speed, 120 fps recording enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p or, if moving down to Full HD resolution, an effective 240p frame rate is also available for even greater motion control.
- Suiting long-form recording, the a7S III does not have any recording time limits to allow for unlimited clip lengths. The camera's physical design also features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times, up to an approximate 60-minute recording time at 4K60p.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9 and FX6 cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility.
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing. This viewfinder has a dedicated 120 fps High Quality setting for smooth motion rendering and the finder's physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- A first for a7-series cameras, a side-opening 3.0" 1.44m-dot vari-angle articulating screen benefits working from high and low angles as well as a front-facing position for vlogging or other self-recording needs. This LCD is a touchscreen, too, for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
- Redesigned menu structure is more intuitive and complements having different workflows and settings selections for movie recording and stills shooting. The menu system also works in conjunction with the touchscreen design of the rear LCD.
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards. The dual slot design allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. Additionally, both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 510 shots/80 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 600 shots/95 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the remote camera control and instant sharing of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. This connectivity also provides remote camera control
- USB Type-C port can be paired with an optional Ethernet wired LAN adapter to provide 1000BASE-T connectivity, wired remote shooting, or FTP transferring.
- The Ninja V features a highly responsive 5" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood.
- The screen is also color-calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes RAW with select cameras at rates up to DCI 4K60 and up to 120 fps in HD.
- Enables ProRes RAW capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras.
- Avid DNxHD/HR compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility.
- HEVC/H.265 dual recording is available when using the Camera to Cloud mode.
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera's log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
- Record DCI or UHD 4K at rates up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more filmlike aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with up to 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.
- The Ninja V also supports 5K and 6K RAW and 3.5K anamorphic RAW using select cameras.
- A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- The Atomos CONNECT is the ultimate expansion module for the Ninja V, providing an SDI interface that offers compatibility with a range of cameras and 12G-SDI to HDMI cross-conversion that expands your workflow options.
- Use the Atomos CONNECT to live stream to popular platforms and custom RTMP/S destinations to share your content from almost anywhere.
- Preserve your images in a 4:2:2, 8- or 10-bit format via your camera's HDMI output, even when the camera is recording compressed 4:2:0 8-bit video internally.
- Support for an array of industry-standard Log formats enables the Ninja V to capture optimal dynamic range and bypass your camera's internal compression.
- HDR monitoring is enabled by the Ninja V's compatibility with a wide range of industry-standard gamuts.
- See the Atomos website for the latest Log compatibility.
- The Atomos Cloud Studio (ACS) provides a collection of online production services for video creators and streamers. Pair your Ninja V with an Atomos CONNECT to use ACS to live stream to popular platforms and customized RTMP/S destinations.
- ACS also provides support for Adobe's Camera to Cloud (C2C) service that offers full-resolution capture, proxy file sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Seamlessly connect to Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or Media Composer via Adobe C2C.
Mount your monitor with the AtomX 5 and 7" Monitor Mount from Atomos. The mount is compatible with the Atomos Shinobi, Ninja V, Flame, and Inferno series. It features a quick release plate, as well as 360° pan and 180° tilt functionality.
Outfit your 5" monitor with power options and travel accessories with this 5" Accessory Kit from Atomos. It's compatible with Ninja V, Shinobi, or Shinobi SDI monitor with two L-series batteries, a fast charger, a DC power supply, a sun hood, a screen protector, and a plastic travel case.
The 17.7" ZILR 4Kp60 Hyper-Thin High-Speed HDMI Secure Cable with Ethernet provides secure connectivity and support for uncompromising resolution while remaining flexible and easy to manage. It is compatible with HDMI 2.0 and features locking 24kt gold-plated Type-A male connectors with a low profile of just 24mm.
The cable integrates an HDMI Ethernet channel, HDCP 2.2 to play protected content, and camera Log formats for color grading workflows. It allows bandwidth up to 18 Gb/s, up to 4096 x 2160 resolution at 60 Hz for one device, Full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution, and HDR for compliant devices.
Unlock full 4K resolution in mirrorless cameras, cinema cameras, and external video recorders for up to 4Kp60 DCI (4096 x 2160) on supported devices for video professionals.
Creative professionals can monitor on set with HDR displays and external recorders to view camera Log video for color grading workflows.
This 1TB Angelbird AtomX SSDmini is custom-designed to fit into a variety of Atomos products while maintaining high data throughput rates necessary for a 4K workflow. It fits perfectly into the Atomos Ninja V, Ninja Flame, Ninja Inferno, and Shogun Inferno. An optional adapter handle enables using this SSD with the Shogun Studio, Sumo 19, and Sumo 19M.
Although 20% smaller than an average SSD, the SSDmini makes no concession to size, and it features formidable up to 560 MB/s sequential read speed with 520 MB/s sustained read speed, and up to 540 MB/s sequential write speed with 500 MB/s sustained write speed. Incorporating Stable Stream technology, you don't drop any frames. The SATA III connector enables connecting to a standard SATA III port when it is time to transfer your footage.
To receive the full limited 3-year warranty, the product needs to be registered on the Angelbird Personal Service Portal within 30 days after purchase. If not registered within this period, the market-specific legal guarantee period comes into force.
- CDNG up to 4k30p
- ProRes RAW HQ 5.7K up to 30p
- 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Avid DNx: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes RAW: 5.7k30p, 4k60p and 2k240p
- CDNG: 4k30p
- Up to 560 MB/s sequential read speed with 520 MB/s sustained read speed
- Up to 540 MB/s sequential write speed with 500 MB/s sustained write speed
- Shock, temperature, X-ray, and magnetic proof
- Supports the entire Atomos range of Ninja and Shogun devices, and with the use of an adapter handle, even the Sumo19, Sumo19M, and Shogun Studio
Access internal 2.5" drives from a USB-enabled computer with the USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable from StarTech. This adapter sports a SATA interface that is compatible with SATA I, II, and III-based hard drives and SSDs. On the other end, it has a typical USB type-A connector that utilizes USB 3.0 technology, which delivers speeds of up to 5 Gbps. It draws power from a USB bus-powered port. In addition, UASP enhances the transfer speeds when the adapter is connected to a UASP-enabled host controller.