This Sony DWRS03DSKIT kit pairs the DWR-S03D receiver with the DWASLAS1 Sony slot plate adapter. The 15-pin adapter and sleeve allow camera operators to use the 2-channel receiver with a Sony slot-mount camcorder.
Sony DWR-S03D 2-Channel Digital Slot-In Wireless Receiver (UC7: 470 to 615 MHz)
The Sony DWR-S03D combines two wideband receivers, both with AES3 and analog outputs, into a compact slot-in chassis. It is designed to mount into Sony digital slot-in compatible camcorders, UniSlot camcorders, and SuperSlot-enabled devices using either the DWA-SLAS1 or DWA-SLAU1 adapters (both available separately). Bag operation is also possible with the DWA-F01D adapter (available separately).
The DWR-S03D utilizes Sony's third-generation DWX digital technology to deliver superb audio quality with low latency, high wireless reliability (with double tuner/antenna diversity per channel), and secure AES 256-bit encryption. Fast to set up and easy to operate, it is well suited for professionals working on location in ENG/EFP, broadcast, and film applications.
The wide 140 MHz bandwidth and high-density multichannel operation combine to greatly increase the probability of finding unoccupied frequencies in congested metropolitan areas, ideal for large-scale productions.
The DWR-S03D comes with a host of smart features designed to get you shooting in no time. They include automatic two-channel scan and transmitter sync for quick frequency setting, pre-programmed channel plans to ensure frequency compatibility, and a user memory function to instantly store and recall user menu choices.
A quick-response OLED display clearly shows operational information in real time. When used with Sony XDCAM camcorders, transmitter settings can be wirelessly remote-controlled from the camcorder and wireless audio status can be monitored on the camcorder's viewfinder.
The DWR-S03D is compatible with the DWT-B30, DWT-B03R, and DWT-B01N bodypack transmitters, the DWN-02N handheld transmitter, and the DWT-P01N plug-on transmitter. It is also backward compatible with all DWX 1st and 2nd generation transmitters.
Advanced Integration with XDCAM Camcorders
Advanced integration functions are available when the DWR-S03D is combined with an XDCAM professional camcorder, using the additional DWA-01D adapter. This also allows four-channel wireless mic operation using two receivers.
- The camcorder synchronizes audio latency inherent in digital transmission with video recording latency.
- Wireless audio status can be monitored on the camcorder’s LCD or viewfinder.
- Transmitter parameters can be controlled remotely from the camcorder via proprietary Cross Remote technology.
- The camcorder’s assignable switch can remotely control the transmitter power save.
- Transmission power-save mode changes automatically to Active or Sleep by switching camcorder’s main power on or off.
Pristine Digital Audio Quality with Four Codec Modes
- The DWX system delivers pristine 24-bit digital audio with a wide dynamic range of more than 106 dB, extended frequency response of 20 Hz to 22 kHz, and sharp transient response.
Four Codec Modes for a Wide Range of Applications
- Mode 1: Compatible with first generation DWX-series devices.
- Mode 2: Prioritizes short latency times while maintaining transmission stability and high audio quality.
- Mode 3: Additional signal processing suppresses noise caused by unexpected pulse interference.
- Mode 4: Prioritizes audio quality while maintaining transmission stability and low delay time.
- Ideal for live applications, the system achieves an extremely low audio latency time of 1.2 ms, with a 96 kHz sampling rate (codec Mode 2, with DWT-B03R or DWT-B30 transmitters).
Control Your Transmitters Remotely to Simplify Setup
- Remotely monitor and control your transmitters through Zigbee communications including mic gain, RF power output, low-pass cut-off frequency, and transmitter Sleep Mode.
- Frequency scan and transmitter sync of both channels with one command.
- Remote control and automatic frequency change of the transmitter and the receiver.
Reliable Transmission with High-Density Multichannel Operation
- True Diversity Reception: The receiver achieves highly stable signal reception by using true dual-tuner/antenna reception circuits with comparator circuit.
- X-Dimension Diversity: Ensures transmission reliability by combining multiple dimensions of diversity with Sony’s digital technology and a highly accurate calculation algorithm.
- High Density 375-kHz Channel Plan: 16 full-quality channels per 6-MHz TV channel deliver reliable transmissions with less interference during complex, multichannel shoots.
- Lightweight die-cast magnesium and aluminum construction ensures rugged, reliable operation in harsh environments.
- Data transmission and reception with AES 256-bit encryption.
- Unit can be powered via USB while in operation.
- Sound Devices and AATON compatibility (SuperSlot).
Sony Slot Mount Wireless Audio Interface Adapter with 15-Pin Connector and Adapter Sleeve
The Sony Slot Mount Wireless Audio Interface Adapter with 15-Pin Connector and Adapter Sleeve enables using your Sony camcorder with a wireless slot mount to accept and use the DWR-S03D wireless receiver. The adapter includes two parts, a 15-pin adapter connector that you attach to your DWR-S03D receiver (receiver not included) and a slot-adapter collar that adapts the slot in your camcorder to the dimensions of the DWR-S03D.