You and a friend will have everything you need to get busy podcasting with this Rode RODECaster Pro 2-Person Podcasting Kit bundled together by B&H. Use the RODECaster to record your podcasts straight to SD cards or computers, all with professional sound and individually adjustable headphone outputs. Two Shure SM7B Mics are included, which are industry-standard microphones for broadcast. Also supplied are two pairs of headphones, two boom arms for keeping the mics attached to your podcasting desk, cables, and a microSDHC card for the RODECaster Pro.
Rode RODECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Studio
Creating a quality podcast just got a lot easier with the RODECaster Pro from Rode, a revolutionary podcast studio that incorporates all the professional tools of the trade in a compact all-in-one unit. It is well suited for professionals or for those who are just starting out and in need of a straightforward solution. The unit simplifies the technical aspects of podcast production so you can focus on making great content using the company's world-renowned broadcast-quality audio.
The RODECaster Pro integrates a mixer, sound effects player, phone tap for taking phone calls, recorder, and more, all in one box—saving you the time and hassle of setting up the components by yourself and at a cost significantly lower than buying them separately. It offers a powerful platform to get up and running right away, recording sophisticated podcasts in the studio or on the move.
Offering an internal recorder and a host of podcast-friendly features, the RODECaster Pro lets you produce and mix podcasts on the fly with up to four microphones, music, prerecorded segments, and remote guests on calls all going on at once. The unit offers mix-minus functions over the TRRS, Bluetooth, and USB connections facilitating echo-free interviews via phone or app calls. With smartly designed features like main host channel controls, programmable sound pads for launching jingles and FX, and APHEX processing that gives your voice the rich and warm sound of a professional broadcaster, this console is destined to become a standard in the field of podcast production.
The RODECaster Pro goes beyond what a traditional mixing console does. It is equipped with four high-quality XLR mic inputs, four discrete headphone outputs, eight faders to control audio levels, and Bluetooth, USB, and TRRS connectivity. The unit captures audio internally to a microSD card or to your computer via USB, and its flexible workflow lets you record a mixed-down stereo file for fast uploading to your hosting service while also recording each of the sources to its own track for later post-production.
Easy to operate with ergonomically located controls and a large full-color touchscreen, the RODECaster Pro is ready to use within minutes of opening the box. Just add mics (such as the perfectly matched Rode PodMic), broadcast boom arms, headphones, and a microSD card, and you're ready to start recording your podcast or to begin streaming it live via your smartphone or computer.
Start a 4-Person Podcast in Minutes
- Quickly connect microphones for you and your guests—up to four people. The four, high-quality microphone XLR inputs, each with 48V phantom power, are capable of powering studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones.
- With automatic level setting and one-touch recording to the onboard microSD card, you can start recording your first podcasts within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box. Onboard presets for a variety of microphones deliver broadcast-quality sound with a single touch.
8 Sound Pads with FX Save You Time in Post-Production
- Sound effects are perfect for giving your podcast a polished feel and the eight sound pads allow you to instantly launch effects, music, jingles, applause, prerecorded interviews, ads—saving you the time and hassle of adding them later in post-production.
- You can record audio directly to the pads from any of the audio inputs, or simply drag and drop files from your computer using the RODECaster Pro app (free download).
- You can even select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Interview a Guest Remotely via Phone Call
- Interview a guest for your podcast remotely, via a phone call or apps like Skype, FaceTime, and more.
- Prevent echoes: simply connect your smartphone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth or TRRS cable, or to your computer via USB, and the unit automatically provides a mix-minus, preventing the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo.
- Achieve clear-sounding podcasts without the need to purchase additional hardware or setup complex signal routings with cables.
RODE Renowned Broadcast-Quality Audio
- The four pristine mic preamps feature servo-biased Class-A circuitry, which provides a clean gain structure with low levels of distortion, for a low-noise signal that rivals the best broadcast consoles.
- Each preamp provides +48V phantom power on rugged Neutrik XLR connectors, giving you the option to use condenser microphones for a bright and transparent voice.
APHEX Processing for Rich and Warm Voice
- The sound of your microphones can be quickly enhanced with the onboard APHEX Exciter and Big Bottom processors.
- Found in most broadcast studios, the Exciter elevates speech clarity, while the Big Bottom adds that warm and deep voice-of-God low-frequency punch to your voice.
- These effects are also available to bring out the details of the music or speech audio from your Bluetooth, USB, or TRRS connections.
Shape Your Sound with Intuitive Audio Processing
- The RODECaster Pro is equipped with advanced audio processing options for each channel. From a list of mic profiles, choose the one that is most similar to the actual mic you are using on your voice, and the software will automatically match the digital signal processing to that microphone.
- Voice settings are also available to compensate for the strength and tone of the participant's voices. You can select either the Deep, Medium, or High voice preset; the Soft preset for soft-spoken speakers; or the Strong preset for those with louder voices.
- The levels can also be programmed to dynamically change the loudness of the voice of the person speaking, making it easy for users without any audio experience to perfectly set the gain on their microphone. Also included is a set of multistage dynamics effects, such as compression, limiting, de-essing, and noise-gating.
Stay in Control of Your Podcast
- The Main Host channel (Mic Channel 1) features Ducking, which turns down all audio sources every single time the host speaks. This allows the host to always be heard even when multiple people are speaking over one another.
- The host has exclusive access to advanced functions to control the flow of the podcast during the recording, such as muting and soloing channels using buttons located along the front of the unit.
Capture Your Podcast Without a Separate Recorder
- The RODECaster Pro features an internal microSD card recorder capable of recording a stereo “live mix” of your podcast along with 12 additional tracks for each of the sources—one mono track per microphone and a stereo track for each of the following: the USB source, the 3.5mm TRRS input, the Bluetooth stream, and the summed output of the sound pads.
- Simply insert the card in the slot on the back of the unit, and hit the record button.
- A timer on the touchscreen lets you know how long you have been broadcasting.
- You can also add markers to your podcast on the fly, to mark significant passages while recording.
- To prevent you from accidentally ruining your podcast, you cannot access any advanced settings while in record mode.
Stream, Record, and Playback on Your Computer
- The RODECaster Pro is a class-compliant USB audio interface.
- This means you can connect the unit to your computer via USB and record 12 tracks of individual sources along with a stereo mix of your podcast to your favorite DAW or recording software. You can also bring in audio from your computer to the dedicated USB channel on the RODECaster Pro.
Clear Headphone Monitoring for Host and Guests
- The RODECaster Pro comes equipped with four, high-powered headphone outputs using discrete circuitry for clarity and presence.
- Each person has an individual volume control so that they can monitor comfortably while recording the podcast.
- For convenience, the host channel has the option to plug a set of headphone with a 3.5mm plug directly into the front of the unit.
- A switchable headphone limiter protects you from deafening spikes.
Plugs Easily into a Live PA System
- If you're hosting your podcast at live events with an audience, a set of speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control allows you to connect the RODECaster Pro to a PA system.
- You can amplify the podcast for your live audience, while streaming to your audiences all around the world via USB connectivity.
Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone is a dynamic microphone with a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications.
It features a cardioid polar pattern, bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls, and shielding against broadband interference. An internal air suspension shock isolation helps to eliminate mechanical noise transmission, and a yoke mount facilitates mounting and provides precise control of the mic position.
Flat, Wide-Range Frequency Response
Rejection of Electromagnetic Hum
Air Suspension Shock Isolation
Cardioid Polar Pattern
Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
The Compass from Blue is a premium tube-style desktop boom arm with internal springs and built-in cable management. It can be used in a variety of broadcast applications including game streaming, podcasting, and voiceover productions. The Compass offers smooth and quiet operation thanks to its internal spring design and is compatible with any microphone weighing up to 2.4 pounds, including the Blue Yeti and Blackout Spark SL.
Shure SRH440 Closed-Back Over-Ear Studio Headphones (New Packaging)
The Shure SRH440 closed-back, over-ear studio headphones provide high-quality audio reproduction and effective noise isolation for home recording, studio monitoring, and DJ mixing. Lightweight and sturdy, the headphones can also fold down for easy storage and transportation in the included carrying bag.
The SRH440 have large 40mm drivers that deliver clear, detailed audio with a wide frequency response of 10 Hz to 22 kHz. The closed-back, circumaural design helps reduce ambient noise and the thick replaceable earpads yield long-lasting comfort. The headband is adjustable and generously cushioned to ensure a pleasing fit on a range of head sizes.
The coiled, single-sided cable allows a variable amount of slack, resists tangles, and can be detached for easy replacement. It has a bayonet clip to keep it securely attached to the earcup. The gold-plated 3.5mm TRS mini plug and 1/4" adapter enable compatibility with MP3 players and mobile devices as well as DJ mixers and audio interfaces.
Kopul Studio Elite 4000 Series XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable (10', Black)
The Kopul Studio Elite 4000 Series XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable (10') is a studio-quality cable for connecting mics to mixers, preamps, audio interfaces and recorders; or to be used in any other application where XLR connectivity is required. The cable is engineered to be both quiet and durable, and is well-suited for critical recording and broadcast situations.
Studio Elite 4000 Series cables are made from 24 AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. A 98% braided outer shield makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrix XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
Lexar 32GB High-Performance 633x UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter
Designed for sports camcorders, tablets, smartphones, any other microSDHC-compatible devices, the 32GB High-Performance 633x UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card from Lexar can be used to record Full HD, 3D, and 4K video. This card has a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of U1, which provides minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s. In case your device does not support the UHS-I bus, this card also supports the Class 10 standard, which also features minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
Lexar's 32GB UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card supports a maximum read speed of 95 MB/s, a maximum write speed of 20 MB/s, and is able to store up to 36 hours of video, 67,600 photos, or 58,100 songs. Included is an SD adapter, allowing this card to be used in card readers or devices that have an SD slot.