This B&H Kit allows for a multicamera live streaming production in a compact setup. It includes two Mevo Start cameras, two Camera Stands, and two Storage Cases for the cameras and accessories. The table stands are height-adjustable from 13 to 24", and they let you set the cameras into optimal positions via adjustable ball head arms. With a 3.9 lb weighted base, the stands ensure secure desktop placement.
The Mevo Start is an all-in-one camera designed to provide a very easy workflow for live streaming to popular RTMP platforms, including YouTube Live and Facebook Live. It streams up to 1080p30 resolution video and also allows you to simultaneously record what you're streaming to a microSD card, so you'll have a copy of your live stream. The camera is controlled via a companion iOS/Android Mevo app, which offers intuitive, simple-to-use tools for live production. For example, by panning and zooming through the shot that you're capturing during a live stream, the app can create nine different angles of that shot and present them to you in a grid layout. Then you can simply tap the grid square that you want to stream. While the app is capable of creating the different angles automatically, you can also choose to do so manually. Other functions of the app include Autopilot mode, which uses face detection and scene analysis to choose interesting shots and edit the stream for you.
The Mevo Start is highly compact and portable, and it runs on a built-in battery for up to six hours, allowing you to stream extended sessions. Or, an optional dedicated Mevo Start Ethernet Adapter can be incorporated for continuous power. The camera has a native 5/8"-27 mic stand thread with a reducer bushing in it. The bushing, which can be removed with a coin or screwdriver, provides a 1/4"-20 thread on one side and 3/8"-16 thread on the other. Between these three mount types, you'll be able to attach the camera to desktop and standard tripods, light stands, and mic stands. A dedicated Mevo Stand is also available sold separately that's slim and easy to set up.
For audio capture, the Mevo Start has three built-in digital MEMS mics with Fraunhofer upHear Spatial Microphone Processing that automatically optimizes and syncs sounds for better audio. Additionally, the camera offers a 3.5mm audio jack on the rear for connecting external microphones for more professional audio. The audio port works with line level and mic level audio inputs. Alternatively, an optional USB audio interface can be connected to the USB Type-C charging port of the camera for external audio capture. Also, whether internal or external, your captured audio can be mixed in the Mevo app. The app lets you control gain, choose between stereo or mono, and more.
The Mevo Start also features NDI HX support so it can be integrated into a more professional live production workflow. Via Wi-Fi or over an optional Ethernet adapter, it can be connected to an NDI network to work with popular mixers including OBS, NewTek TriCaster, Wirecast, vMix, and many others. Mevo Start also supports direct connection to Livestream Studio.
- Compact all-in-one streaming camera controllable via Mevo iOS/Android app
- Stream and/or record up to 1080p30 resolution
- Mevo app offers live production features such as creating up to nine different angles from a single shot and selecting between them in real time
- Three MEMS microphone array with Fraunhofer upHear spatial microphone processing
- 3.5mm audio port for external mics
- USB Type-C charging port also supports an optional audio interface or USB modem
- IMX307 2.07MP Sony 1080p sensor, low-light friendly thanks to 2.9um pixel size; Ambarella H22 processor
- NDI HX support
- microSD card slot
- Powered via a built-in battery that runs up to six hours; also supports optional Mevo Start Ethernet Adapter accessory
- Native 5/8"-27 mounting thread with a reversible (and removable) bushing inside that provides 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads
- High dynamic range imaging
- LTE supported via a mobile phone when using the Mevo Start in hot spot mode
- Bluetooth 4.1 (BT and BLE compatible)
- Front RGB LED tally light and four white battery indicator LEDs
- Single onboard button to turn the camera on/off, start/stop streaming, and/or start/stop recording (configurable)
- Periscope/Twitter maximum streaming resolution is limited to 720p
- Six-axis motion sensor
- Vertical image flip
- Exposure modes: Auto with compensation option
- Exposure compensation: -2, -1.5, -1.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0
- Via your mobile device when using camera access point mode
- Direct from the Mevo Start when joining a Wi-Fi access point
- Hardwired via Ethernet using the optional Mevo Start Ethernet Adapter accessory
- Full HD (up to 6 Mb/s): At least 3 Mb/s of steady upload speed
- HD (up to 3.5 Mb/s): At least 2 Mb/s of steady upload speed
- SD (up to 1.5 Mb/s): At least 800 kb/s of steady upload speed
- You can check your connection using Speedtest.net
- Directly into the onboard 3.5mm auxiliary input
- By connecting an optional USB audio interface to the camera's USB Type-C connector
- Via the Mevo Mic app (iOS/Android)
- Via a mic plugged into your mobile device
Use this Mevo Start Case to store and transport your Mevo Start Camera and its accessories. This compact case features a zipper closure and a molded interior.
Mount your Mevo Live Event Camera up to 58.3" high using the Mevo Camera Stand. This three-section stand provides eye-level views and collapses to a minimum height of 24.6". A detachable ball head mount with a 1/4"-20 stud provides maximum flexibility for positioning and angling your camera.
The Mevo Stand is compatible with US and metric–threaded mic clips and accessories. It has a folded length of 22" and includes a carrying bag.
- For Mevo Live Event streaming camera and accessories
- Adjusts from minimum height of 24.6" to a maximum 58.3"
- Detachable ball head mount with 1/4"-20 stud provides maximum position flexibility
- Compatible with US and metric-threaded mic clips and accessories