Make use of mobile monitoring with the Sony a7S III Mirrorless Camera with Xperia PRO 5G Smartphone Streaming Kit from B&H, which bundles the full-frame camera body with Sony's Xperia PRO 5G smartphone, for using the phone's OLED display to monitor recordings as well as for live streaming over 5G wireless connection. Also included in this kit is a camera cage, a cable clamp, both smartphone and monitor mounts, and a micro-HDMI cable for connecting the smartphone to the camera.
Sony a7S III Mirrorless Camera
Optimized video, optimized sensitivity, optimized speed, the Sony a7S III raises the bar for what a full-frame mirrorless camera is capable of. A revised 12.1MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and updated BIONZ XR image processor offer faster performance, improved noise reduction, and a wider dynamic range, along with UHD 4K 120p video recording and internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling.
Video is the primary application of the a7S III, and improvements to the sensor and processor enable faster readout speeds and greatly reduced rolling shutter, along with high-bitrate internal recording, 16-bit raw output via the full-size HDMI port, and flexible control over motion with variable frame rate selection. The a7S III also does away with recording time limits and incorporates HLG for direct HDR production as well as S-Log2/S-Log3 gamma profiles for advanced HDR production with editing.
The updated sensor design also brings improved autofocus performance via 759 phase-detection points, which offer intelligent subject tracking and Real-time Eye AF to ensure critical focus on moving subjects in all recording modes. The sensor and BIONZ XR processor also facilitate impressive sensitivity, with an expanded range from ISO 40-409600, as well as fast 10 fps continuous shooting for up to 1000 consecutive raw frames. Additionally, 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE sensor-shift image stabilization is available, too, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops.
Complementing the imaging assets, Sony has also made some changes to the a7S III's physical design, including a rear LCD with a side-open articulating design and an impressive 9.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder. The camera's menu system has also been updated for more intuitive navigation and the body design helps to promote better heat dissipation for improved continuous recording capabilities. Additionally, dual memory card slots both support working with CFexpress Type A or SD UHS-II memory cards for flexible and high-speed file storage.
12.1MP Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ XR Image Processor
UHD 4K 120p Video, 10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal Recording
The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p or, if moving down to Full HD resolution, an effective 240p frame rate is also available for even greater motion control. Additionally, suiting long-form recording, the a7S III does not have any recording time limits to allow for unlimited clip lengths. The camera's physical design also features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times, up to an approximate 60-minute recording time at 4K60p.
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the a7S III allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9 and FX6 cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Fast Hybrid AF System
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
Body Design and Connectivity
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing. This viewfinder has a dedicated 120 fps High Quality setting for smooth motion rendering and the finder's physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- A first for a7-series cameras, a side-opening 3.0" 1.44m-dot vari-angle articulating screen benefits working from high and low angles as well as a front-facing position for vlogging or other self-recording needs. This LCD is a touchscreen, too, for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards. The dual slot design allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. Additionally, both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- Redesigned menu structure is more intuitive and complements having different workflows and settings selections for movie recording and stills shooting. The menu system also works in conjunction with the touchscreen design of the rear LCD.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 510 shots/80 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 600 shots/95 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the remote camera control and instant sharing of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. This connectivity also provides remote camera control
- USB Type-C port can be paired with an optional Ethernet wired LAN adapter to provide 1000BASE-T connectivity, wired remote shooting, or FTP transferring.
Sony Xperia PRO 5G Smartphone
Created for mobile filmmakers, photographers, and broadcasters, the Xperia PRO 512GB 5G Smartphone from Sony has been engineered to live stream and upload high resolution content at blistering 5G mmWave speeds. To ensure you get the fastest speeds possible, a Network Visualizer app can be used to test signal strength, letting you setup live shots in the best possible location. Other technologies, such as a body made from a low dielectric constant material and 360° beamforming antenna, further boost your ability to achieve and sustain a strong 5G signal. (Note that sub-6 support requires a software update)
With the connection of an (optional) Micro-HDMI cable between your camera or camcorder and the Xperia PRO, you can live broadcast/livestream what your camera sees through the Xperia PRO's 5G cellular connection. You can also use the Micro-HDMI connection to utilize the phone's brilliant 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5" 4K HDR OLED screen as a pro-style live monitor, offering more accurate color and image representation onscreen. This high-quality output is made possible with Creator Mode, which provides a BT.2020 color space, DCI-P3 100% color gamut, and a calibrated D65 white point.
360-Degree Beamforming Antenna
5G Endurance Mode
Network Visualizer App
Video Monitoring via HDMI
Professional Camera System
12MP Ultra-Wide: 16mm focal length, f/2.2 aperture, 1/2.55 Exmore RS sensor, and 124° FOV
12MP Wide: 24mm focal length, f/1.7 aperture, 1/1.7 Exmor RS sensor, and 82° FOV
12MP Telephoto: 70mm focal length, f/2.4 aperture, 1/3.4" sensor, and 34° FOV
The system was developed in conjunction with Sony Alpha 9 engineers to ensure quality and provide much desired features not normally found in a mobile phone. Features like, manual controls, support for shooting RAW, up to 20 fps continuous wide-angle shooting (Up to 10 fps at 16mm or 70mm), and real-time eye autofocus that works on both humans and animals. These engineers also used premium calibrated ZEISS optics with ZEISS T-coating to boost contrast and reduce reflections.
IP65/68 & Corning Gorilla Glass 6
Additional General Features
Supports for an (optional) microSDXC card up to 1TB in size (shared with the 2nd SIM slot)
8MP selfie camera with HDR and an 84° FOV
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity
Intelligent wind filter
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G mobile platform
Fast charging via USB Power Delivery
PS4 Remote Play
Additional Display Features
Motion blur reduction
X1 for mobile
Supported Image Playback Formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, WebP, WBMP, HEIF, DNG, CR2, NEF, NRW, ARW, RW2, ORF, RAF, PEF, and SRW
Supported Video Playback Formats: H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG-4 Video, AV1, VP8, and VP9
Additional Camera Features
Up to 60 times per second continuous AF / AE calculation
Dual photo diode
3D iToF sensor
Video OIS, EIS, and Optical SteadyShot (hybrid OIS/EIS)
Video SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization)
Photo flash and photo light
Up to 3x (70mm lens equivalent) optical zoom
Up to 3x digital zoom (16, 24 & 70mm lenses)
HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo capture
Portrait Selfie, Display Flash, and Hand and Smile Shutter modes
JPEG and RAW image capturing formats
MP4 (AVC264 & HEVC265) video capturing format
Additional Audio Features
Supported Audio Recording Formats: AAC-LC , AAC+, AAC-ELD, AMR-NB, & AMR-WB
Volume key shortcut
Screen readers: Select-to-Speak, TalkBack, & Text-to-speech output
Display: Font size, display size, magnification, color correction, color inversion, large mouse cursor, remove animations
Interaction Controls: Accessibility menu, switch access, click after mouse pointer stops moving, power button ends call, auto-rotate screen, touch & hold delay, & vibration
Audio & On-Screen Text: mono audio, captions
Experimental: High-contrast text
GSM/4G LTE + 5G Wireless Connectivity
North American Variant / US Compatible 5G
Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS)
SmallRig Camera Cage for Sony a7S III
The lightweight Camera Cage from SmallRig provides accessory mounting and protection for your a7S III mirrorless camera. The camera mounts onto this formfitting aluminum cage with an integrated 1/4"-20 screw, and it incorporates an anti-twist design with padding on the base to protect the camera from scratching. It maintains access to the camera's controls and hot shoe, and it features a variety of mounting options.
In addition to one integrated shoe mount and multiple 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 accessory threads, the cage features ARRI-style accessory threads for preventing accessories from twisting when mounted on the cage. The cage also features a NATO rail on the side and mounting threads on the front for a separately available lens adapter. An Allen wrench stores on the bottom via a magnet for tightening the camera screw.
SmallRig HDMI Cable Clamp for Sony a7S III Camera Cage
Protect and secure the HDMI cable on your Sony a7S III camera with this HDMI Cable Clamp from SmallRig. The durable aluminum clamp is compatible with the SmallRig 2999 cage for the Sony a7S III camera.
The clamp is designed to prevent the HDMI cable from pulling or accidentally disconnecting. It mounts onto the side of the cage using one 1/4"-20 screw, which is secured with two anti-twist pins to prevent twisting. The cables are secured with an easy-grasp, knurled 1/4"-20 screw. The screw adjusts a sliding block that can be tightened to accommodate different cable diameters. An Allen wrench is included to secure the mounting screw.
SmallRig Swivel and Tilt Monitor Mount with ARRI-Style Mount
The adjustable Swivel and Tilt Monitor Mount from SmallRig attaches to your camera rig via an ARRI-style mount with locating pins. Supporting an onboard monitor weighing up to 2.6 lb, this mount swivels 360° and tilts 170°, enabling you to position your monitor at the best viewing angle.
Constructed from CNC-machined aluminum, the Swivel and Tilt Mount has protective rubber padding on top and includes an Allen wrench for tightening the mount.
Xuma Smartphone Mount
Take your smartphone photography to the next level with a Xuma Smartphone Mount. This mount fits devices 2.4 to 3.25" wide, holding them in place with a spring-loaded bracket with a rubber coating to protect your device's finish. It features three 1/4"-20 standard tripod threaded holes: one at the top, one at the bottom, and one on the back. This lets you mount your device to a tripod or monopod while still being able to attach 1/4"-20-compatible peripherals, like lights and microphones.
Pearstone HDD-2015 High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable with Ethernet (1.5')
Connect your camera or camcorder to your TV or monitor with the 1.5' Pearstone HDD-2015 High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable. It supports resolutions up to DCI 4K at 60p with an 18 Gb/s bandwidth for high-speed signal transfers. Its PVC jacket helps protect the cable.