Offering 100% digital architecture with secure AES-256 encryption, a wider frequency range, a high-density mode for incredibly tight channel spacing, extended battery life, and timecode jam sync support in the same ultracompact size and shape as its SMWBD predecessor, the Lectrosonics DBSMD dual-battery digital wireless bodypack transmitter/recorder delivers premium audio quality, dependability, and versatility for professional sound recordists working in demanding production environments such as TV, film, sports, and live sound.
From its rugged aluminum housing and non-corrosive finish to its water-resistant control panel and OLED display, the DBSMD is ready to take on the challenges of any shooting scenario. The servo bias input circuitry can accommodate an electret lavalier mic, a dynamic mic, or a line-level input, and the TA5M input jack is also able to accept a timecode feed. Whether used as a transmitter or a standalone recorder, the DBSMD delivers pristine 24-bit / 48 kHz audio. It is compatible with D Squared, DCR822, DCHR/DCHT, and Duet systems.
Digital transmitters offer new opportunities including encryption, flatter phase and amplitude response, quieter noise floor, and increased metadata during transmission. The latest design can also increase battery life, allow for extremely tight channel spacing, and increased range per average RF power.
- Selectable output power to maximize operating range or battery life
- Ultralightweight, corrosion-resistant housing
- OLED interface with lockout option
- Servo bias input circuitry
- IR (infrared) port for fast setup
- Alternate use as recorder on internal microSDHC memory card (16GB card included)
- Timecode jam sync capability with TCXO for <1 ppm accuracy
- High-density mode for ultratight channel spacing
- Compatible with existing accessories from SMDWB including SMBATELIM, pouches, and clips
- Wireless Designer can include HDM in coordinations (requires PC version 2.0.31 and Macversion 2.0.26 or higher)
- 2 x AA batteries
- AMM-19 antenna
- AMM-22 antenna
- SMWBBCUPSL belt clip
- PSMWB pouch with swivel clip
- SMKITTA5 connector kit with boot
- 16GB microSD card