Electronic and dance music producers looking for a powerful, all-in-one groove sampler will be thrilled with the Novation Circuit Rhythm, a compact and portable sampler that builds upon the success of the Circuit Tracks and is designed to be used in the studio or on the go for professional producers and DJs.
The Circuit Rhythm offers eight flexible sample tracks with several sample capabilities including slice, chromatic, one-shot, gated, looped, and reverse. The machine provides a variety of sample controls including tune, start, length, slope, distortion, high-pass filter, low-pass filter and resonance. What's more, there is a sample choke function that allows you to assign samples to a group, where by any sample that is playing is automatically cutoff when a new sample in the group is triggered. Great for creating realistic hi-hats and other sounds.
Circuit Rhythm uses Components, a standalone software editor, which provides deep access to the instrument's sampling engine, sample organization, macro controls, and more. You can load up to 220 seconds of samples, plus thousands of patches and projects from the included SD card. Circuit Rhythm is USB class compliant and will work with any modern Mac or Windows computer.
A 4x8 grid of velocity-sensitive (RGB) sequencer pads are used to program the advanced, built-in 32-step sequencer, which offers real-time and step-input recording, as well as time and key lock to ensure all your sounds lock to tempo and blend harmonically. The 8 macro encoders allow you to record and playback multiple parameter tweaks in real time. Combine up to 256 steps of patterns to complete full songs. The onboard effects do not disappoint. There's delay, reverb, and side-chain Send FX for adding depth and motion to your tracks, while the Grid FX provide a variety of realtime effects you can trigger. Choose from vinyl simulation, beat repeat, phaser, gater, reverser, auto-filter, and digitizer.
The rear panel provides a panoply of connections including 5-pin DIN MIDI input, output, and thru connectors, as well as sync for connecting to analog equipment. Two 1/4" inputs allow you to sample audio directly into the Circuit Rhythm. You can also route audio live through the unit for mixing and further processing, while two 1/4" outputs connect to your playback system or studio monitors. A 3.5mm headphone output is also included. The Circuit Rhythm can be powered via USB or from the built-in rechargeable battery for true wireless operation anywhere. A USB Type-C cable and USB power supply are provided.
- Record samples directly to the hardware, then slice, sculpt and resample your sounds effortlessly.
- Playback samples however you choose, whether you’re chopping straight from vinyl, making basslines and melodies, or punching in drums.
- Make beats with eight sample tracks, each with their own 32-step patterns, chainable for up to 256 steps per track.
- Go from a sample to a complete beat with ease using the powerful and hands-on sequencer.
- Capture your groove quantized or off grid into the sequencer, and keep your beats evolving with probability and pattern mutate.
- Douse samples in lush reverb and delay, make your mix pump with side chain, and add punch with the master compressor.
- Connect to your studio with full-size five-pin MIDI in, out, and thru, and analog sync out. Sample to mono, or monitor through stereo out or with headphones.
- Insert a microSD card to save and access thousands of samples and projects.
- The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of battery life, so you can make beats anywhere inspiration strikes.
- Novation Components is the online companion that lets you delve into the synth engine, load samples, and back up projects.
- Circuit Rhythm is class compliant, so it will work with any modern Mac or Windows computer.
- The Sound Collective is a platform that will provide a free third-party software instrument or creative effect to all registered Novation hardware users
- Register your Novation hardware to access innovative software every two months
- Free and discounted synthesizers and effects are available when you purchase and register any Novation product
- Check back every two months for additional free plug-ins