With five parallel bands, two series bands, and no pre-warping effects, the SONORIS Parallel Equalizer plug-in delivers clean and hard-to-overdo adjustment of frequencies via seven preconfigured minimum-phase bands. Designed for demanding mastering and mixing applications that require finesse and subtle yet effective sonic manipulation, this digital processor provides the ability to work in stereo, split (mono), or mid-side modes with 64-bit internal resolution.
The Parallel Equalizer has constant-Q bell filters on bands 3 to 5, shelving filters for bands 2 and 6, and low-/high-cut filters on bands 1 and 7. The built-in spectrum analyzer and high-resolution meter ensure accurate display of frequency content and levels in real time, and the plug-in's GUI is resizable via draggable handles. Full automation is supported, allowing dynamic or snapshot-style EQ changes. Unlike EQs that are made to be easy for users of all experience levels, the Parallel Equalizer is best in the hands of skilled engineers.
The filters are parallel to each other as well as the unprocessed signal. So, if you have a low-shelf boost and switch on a low-frequency bell boost too, it just doesn't do much more. You can't easily overdo things, but you do have to work harder to get it right. Also, the signal path is cleaner because the filters all work on the same input, and they have correct gain up to Nyquist.
- Low-pass and high-pass filters up to 24 dB/octave
- Soft Engage technology to prevent switching noise
- Built-in spectrum analyzer
- Three zoom levels
- High-resolution level meter
- Easy A/B comparison
- Full automation possible
- Settings can be saved and loaded
- Mousewheel support
- 64-bit internal resolution
- AAX, Audio Units, RTAS, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats
- Compatible with macOS and Windows operating systems
- Easy online license activation or USB drive authorization for offline computers