Bring the vintage colors of the legendary Jupiter 8 to your synthesizer palatte with the J-8 from TAL Software. This virtual plug-in instrument is based on the highly prized polyphonic analog '80s instrument and doesn't simply use samples to recreate the synth's sonic character. Instead, the J-8 computes the sound in real time, running in your host DAW on the AU, AAX, VST, or VST3 platform and providing a remarkably accurate and musical emulation.
The J-8 sports two oscillators and is playable in solo, unison, or polyphonic modes. The filter can be switched between a 12 and a 24 dB slope with resonance and cutoff frequency controls, while the calibration section lets you tweak settings to brighten the VCOs, add saturation, and crank up the resonance to the point of screaming self-oscillation. There's even an adjustable service control section that helps to thoroughly recreate the nuanced responses of the individual voices. Envelope/VCA controls, an LFO, a VCO modulator, and an apreggiator are also onboard to provide a powerful and flexible instrument.
- Authentic emulation of the '80s hardware synthesizer
- Use the calibration section for extreme resonance and filter overdrive
- VCO-based UNISON with stereo-spread option and a full-stereo signal path
- MPE support for filter and volume responses
- Microtuning support (TUN file import and MTS Client)
- More than 300 factory presets by solidtrax, emptyvessel, Electric Himalaya, and others
- MIDI learn function makes it easy to automate changes in your DAW