Step up to sophisticated bit crushing with the DAC Bit Crusher from TAL Software. The plug-in offers instant presets to get you started and a wide variety of parameter adjustment possibilites emulating both the digital to analog and analog to digital stages for complete customization of the results.
Based on the TAL Sampler, the user interface is composed of two sections. The Recording section emulates a sample recorded at a low sample rate and offers a wealth of controls that include standard parameters such as Sample Rate and Bit Depth but also Quality, Bit Scale, Bias, and even a 12-bit mu-law emulation. The Reconstruction section offers four D-to-A modes to choose from, along with Filter, Jitter, AMP Drive, EQ, Volume, and Wet/Dry mix. The software's MIDI learn function makes it easy to automate changes in your host DAW.
- Recording stage with input volume control and soft clipper to add odd harmonics
- Variable recording sample rate from 1000 Hz to 44,100 Hz
- Variable recording bit-depth from 4 bit to 16 bit with different algorithms: mu-law, mu-law delta, linear
- Reconstruction section with different reconstruction methods: hold, variable, linear, S1000/sinc
- Very steep reconstruction filters setting option
- AMP drive adds even and odd harmonics to the signal
- A 12 dB high- and low-shelf filter
- All nonlinear components are 8x oversampled to avoid aliasing
- For DAWs in AU, AAX, VST, and VST3 platforms