Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the Panasonic Lumix GH5 II Mirrorless Camera and Bag Kit from B&H bundles the advanced mirrorless body with a protective camera bag.
Panasonic Lumix GH5 II Mirrorless Camera
Boasting updated video capabilities and a refined design, the Panasonic Lumix GH5 II provides a professional-quality imaging platform for shooters who demand versatile video and stills capabilities in a single compact camera. Featuring a 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating, the camera records DCI and UHD 4K with the full sensor area and can output 10-bit 4:2:0 internally up to 60p, or 4:2:2 at 30p. The GH5 II offers unlimited video recording for less downtime when filming, and the camera ships with pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording, making it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras. The included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder, and the high-capacity battery can be quickly charged with the bundled USB 3.1 Type-C cable. You can also supply continuous power to the camera while shooting photos and video via the included USB cable.
A 3" 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor provides flexible framing, high visibility, and vivid color to support viewing from a variety of angles. An updated 5-axis sensor stabilization system works with Lumix O.I.S lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly-effective shake correction. Previously limited to 5 stops of shake reduction, this now means you can compensate for up to 6.5 stops of shutter speed. A Depth-from-Defocus autofocus system benefits both still and video recording modes ensuring fast and precise focus. The GH5 II features human face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. Deep Learning technology detects the eye and face approximately twice as fast as the GH5 allowing you to concentrate on the composition of your photos and videos. Designed for today's creators and audiences, the easy-to-use Lumix Sync app for smartphones and tablets provides high-quality livestreaming with minimum equipment. Livestreaming via a router is available as well with Lumix Network Setting Software. Whether indoors or outdoors, only the camera and a smartphone are required to reach an audience, making the GH5 II an ideal camera for electronic news gathering, travel, event, lecture, and live commerce applications.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating and Venus Engine
4K Video Recording
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles provide two types of Cinelike gamma presets in the Photo Style. With these modes warm skin tones or delicate nuances of light and shadow can be reproduced without color grading over V-Log footage. The Cinelike D2 setting gives priority to dynamic range while Cinelike V2 prioritizes contrast. L. Monochrome S and L. Classic Neo have also been added, and all these modes can be used for anamorphic video recording.
The GH5 II is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
Wireless and Wired Livestreaming
225-Area Depth-from-Defocus Autofocus System
Dual I.S. 2
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3" 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor has a free-angle, tilt-and-swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots provide settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which records the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 II features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash and dustproof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
6K and 4K PHOTO
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder.
- A trio of new Photo Style modes include L. Classic Neo for a film-like effect with a soft and nostalgic feeling, L. Monochrome S for black and white portraits with a gentle look, Cinelike D2 which prioritizes dynamic range, and Cinelike V2 for prioritizing contrast.
- Pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording and editing makes it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras.
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag (Pinestone)
Store, protect, and transport your Nikon D850 or similar-sized camera with attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and related accessories in this lightweight Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone, its controller, and accessories in place of your camera equipment.
This handsome minimalist bag is designed to blend in and doesn't look like a camera bag. Made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance, it has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, your friends at Think Tank included a seam-sealed rain cover.