The R5 C enhances a number of features in comparison to its siblings the R5 and C70, including 4K120 recording, HDMI RAW output, Canon Log 3 HLG/PQ support, unlimited recording time, a timecode port, Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection, an active cooling system, a high-power LP-E6NH battery, 13 reassignable buttons, and a multi-function shoe for XLR adapters. The camera also retains the reliable features of those cameras such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, footage compatibility with DaVinci Resolve and Canon apps, an electronic RF mount, CFexpress/SD card slots, a similar button layout, and more. The EOS R5 C is also moisture and dustproof to the same level as its cinema cousin, the EOS C70. And all this is packed into a tiny 1.7 lb body that is just asking to become your go-to drone camera.
- Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects
- With 1053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face, and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eyes of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF
- For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles
- Connectivity like 5 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included for the transfer of still images
The EOS R5 C camera supports RAW output via HDMI and ProRes RAW recording with compatible external recorders such as Atomos devices. By connecting the EOS R5 C camera with a supported external recorder, users can shoot in Apple ProRes RAW at up to 8K30. Proxy data can also be simultaneously recorded to an SD card in-camera, providing efficient post-production operations.
To gain full electronic lens functionality with all Cinema RAW Light resolutions and frame rates, you can use utilize the CA-946 power adapter with the new DR-E6C DC coupler for mains or pro D-Tap battery power sources, or you can use a power bank such as the Anker PowerCode 26800mAh PD or omnicharge Omni Mobile 25600mAh.
- Touch AF allows positioning an AF point by simply touching the LCD screen, in addition to quick manual positioning with the 8-way multi-controller on the rear of the camera.
- The camera features Eye AF/Head Detection AF, developed with the use of deep learning technology to improve subject tracking.
- It also provides human detection (eyes/face/head), allowing it to track subjects accurately even when AF control is not available.
- Users can track focusing as desired depending on their subject or shooting situation. A wide variety of AF modes enable autofocus shooting that flexibly responds to the subject's movement.
- Users can leave focusing to the camera and concentrate on their camera work.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter
- High-speed continuous shooting with full AF subject detection and tracking, at all still-image quality settings
- A high-precision Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows the EOS R5 C camera to reliably capture approximately 100% of the still-image area, with most Canon lenses