Designed for editing, mixing, and critical listening, the silver Neumann NDH 30 Headphones offer a calibrated studio loudspeaker setup in the form of a portable headphone. The open-back circumaural fit construction ensures reference-class sound with maximum comfort. The headphones make use of 38mm drivers, which work as acoustic dipoles, allowing for highly refined sound characteristics to unfold optimally. One can expect an extremely fast transient response, dry bass, uncolored mids, and transparent highs. In other words, the NDH 30 are devoid of distortion and coloration. They provide a frequency response of 12 Hz to 34 kHz.
The NDH 30's high-quality construction of spring steel and aluminum ensure tight tolerances for consistency. The headphones are foldable, which help while on-the-go. The NDH 30 includes a detachable, internally balanced cable that's designed to minimize crosstalk while increasing spatial resolution. The NDH 30 includes a 1/4" adapter and a soft cloth carrying pouch.
- Outstanding linearity and transient response
- High spatial resolution
- Sound and mix compatibility with Neumann KH-Line speakers
- High long-term comfort
- Internally balanced cable (detachable)
- Foldable for easy transport
- The NDH 30 owes its superior linearity, among other things, to frequency-selective absorbers that eliminate the overemphasis in the high frequencies that leads to incorrect mixing decisions in many other headphones. For example, the NDH 30 will accurately reveal whether a voice sounds muffled or needs a de-esser.
- The spatial resolution is impressive. The NDH 30 allows razor-sharp localization in the stereo panorama and makes the depth of the mix evident. To minimize channel crosstalk, the NDH 30 is supplied with a high-quality cable that is internally balanced.
- With its high linearity and detail resolution, the NDH 30 is perfectly compatible with a loudspeaker system that has been optimally calibrated using Neumann Automatic Monitor Alignment.
- Mixes begun at home or on the road using the NDH 30 can be seamlessly continued in the studio using KH-Line loudspeakers—and vice versa. At the same time, the NDH 30 is recommended as a headphone sound reference; headphones, after all, have long become the dominant playback system among consumers.
- The NDH 30 is ideal for checking headphone compatibility and creating binaural mixes of immersive content (including VR and gaming). As consistency and reliability are essential in mixing and mastering, the NDH 30 is manufactured to extremely tight tolerances, so each headphone sounds exactly the same.