Performing keyboard players, music producers, and sound designers in search of classic JUNO synthesizer sounds will rejoice over the Roland JUNO-X, a 5-part programmable polyphonic synthesizer that fuses authentic vintage spirit with modern creative power. The JUNO-X sets its sights on the future of keyboard synthesis by implementing Roland's ZEN-Core synth engine, which provides a stunning array of tones and sounds from classic analog and vintage digital to modern synthesis sounds. You'll find the sounds of the JUNO-60, JUNO-106, and the next-generation JUNO-X engine that imbues the JUNO spirit with more sonic muscle and expression. You'll also find over 900 PCM-based presets from the XV-5080, RD-Piano, and a vocoder.
The multilayer sound palette features four synth parts and a dedicated drum part, allowing you to craft layered sounds into a complete track. There are over 4000 preset tones, 256 user tones, and over 90 drum kits. What's more, you can save and recall 256 scenes, which store sound parameters for four instrument parts and the dedicated drum part, plus arpeggio settings, effects, and more. A highlight of this advanced performance instrument is the inclusion of the I-Arpeggiator, an artificially intelligent arpeggiator that generates new and inspiring patterns based on your input with a focus on notes, rhythm, cadence, and complexity. There are five I-Arpeggiators available, one for each part. The ZEN-Core sound engine is the latest platform from Roland and allows for the saving and sharing of patches between ZEN-Core compatible device.
- JUNO-X: The newly developed JUNO-X Model presents a natural evolution of the historic JUNO voice. Create even fatter sounds with an enhanced version of Roland’s famous Super Saw waveform and go deeper with velocity sensitivity, pitch envelope control, and more. There’s also a new Chorus III mode to complement the two beloved chorus modes from the original JUNOs.
- JUNO-60: Introduced in 1982, the JUNO-60 was a landmark instrument that greatly influenced the synth landscape to come. Succeeding the similar JUNO-6, it offered affordable polyphonic synthesis with a stable digitally controlled oscillator (DCO). The JUNO-60’s rich character, friendly interface, and rock-solid tuning—along with a rich chorus effect and the ability to store sounds in onboard memories—made this synth an instant classic.
- JUNO-106: In 1984, the JUNO-106 built on the success of its predecessor with more memory and the revolutionary new MIDI interface. It also featured a slightly smoother and cleaner sonic character, and the JUNO-60’s arpeggiator was replaced with a polyphonic portamento function. Embraced by an even wider audience, the more affordable JUNO-106 went on to become one of the best-selling synths of all time.
- XV-5080, RD-Piano, and Vocoder: Explore over 900 PCM-based presets from the famous XV-5080 module, from acoustic instruments and vintage synths to drums and world sounds. Play expressive acoustic pianos derived from Roland’s renowned RD stage piano series. Or plug in a mic and use the Vocoder Model with any JUNO-X sound to create expressive ensemble tones, futuristic pads, and funky robot voices.
- Model Expansions and More: With support for Model Expansions from Roland Cloud, you can transform JUNO-X with the sounds and character of additional Roland instruments both old and new. Load up authentic versions of the JUPITER-8, JD-800, and other classics, or get creative with the newly developed Vocal Designer. Roland Cloud is also home to a growing range of Wave Expansions, Sound Packs, Sample Packs, and more to keep the music flowing.
- Download 10 Sound Packs from Roland Cloud for free with your JUNO-X purchase.
- Wireless Expansion with Roland Cloud Connect: JUNO-X also provides integrated support for Roland Cloud Connect, a powerful option that includes the WC-1 wireless adapter and Roland Cloud membership. Browse, audition, and load Model Expansion titles and other content directly to the keyboard via the convenience of Wi-Fi. With Roland Cloud Connect, a universe of fresh inspiration is always at your fingertips.
- Tactile Workflow: The JUNO-X workflow is direct and intuitive, and everything is right where you need it. High-res sliders deliver analog feel with precise digital control, while dedicated buttons let you call up sounds and functions in a flash. When you need to dive deeper, the informative LCD provides clear navigation through an array of advanced parameters.
- Layer it on: Vintage JUNO synths had modest sound capabilities with a single DCO. With JUNO-X, you can layer multiple JUNOs to create all manner of analog-flavored goodness, from massive leads and basses to rich, lush pads. Or, stack Model Expansions and the onboard sounds to build dream synths never heard before. Layer up to four tones at once with enough to polyphony to take on any creative venture.
- Scenic View: With 256 custom creative spaces called Scenes, you can instantly recall complete JUNO-X setups with a single touch. Store sound parameters for four instrument parts and the dedicated drum part, plus I-Arpeggio settings, effects, and more.
- Extra Swirl: One of the most-loved JUNO features was a characterful stereo chorus effect that instantly added richness and depth. JUNO-X provides both modes from the originals, plus a third mode with even more fatness and swirl. Better still, you can combine them to create seven different chorus effects for use with any JUNO-X tone.
- Modern Multi-Effects: Along with the JUNO choruses, JUNO-X includes a huge variety of additional effects to color sounds. Independent MFX and EQ are available for different parts, plus drive, delay, and reverb. Master EQ and compressor effects are also on tap, along with dedicated vocal effects for the mic input.
- Arpeggio Action: Whether you want classic arpeggios or something beyond, JUNO-X delivers. Call up the traditional arpeggiator for a retro vibe. Or journey to the future with I-Arpeggio, which uses intelligent algorithms to infuse your music with naturally evolving note changes and movement. It's also possible to export I-Arpeggio MIDI performances for further development in any DAW.
- JUNO-X Editor: With the full-featured JUNO-X Editor software, you can take your creativity further with the large screen on your Mac or Windows computer. Tweak sounds, effects, and Scenes in microscopic detail, organize performance setups, and much more.
- Meet the Moment: JUNO-X is built to last, pairing vintage JUNO design elements with light yet rugged metal construction that's ready for the road. It's also a dream to play, thanks to an expressive 61-note keyboard with aftertouch and our famous pitchbend/mod lever.
- Get Connected: The JUNO-X rear panel is loaded with connectivity for any situation. Balanced and unbalanced audio outputs are available, plus a stereo audio input and MIDI I/O. There's also a mic input for vocal performing or feeding the onboard Vocoder. USB audio/MIDI support lets you interface with your favorite production software, and you can even back up JUNO-X settings to a flash drive via the USB Memory port.
- A Sound Machine: Harkening back to the lesser-known JUNO-106S, JUNO-X is equipped with a high-quality stereo speaker system for personal sound monitoring. And with onboard Bluetooth, you can stream and jam along with music from a phone or tablet.