This AKG K701 Open-Back Headphones Kit with Grace m900 Headphone Amp from B&H bundles a pair of open-backed circumaural headphones with a portable headphone amp to create a premium on-the-go listening experience for critical monitoring, mixing, or pure hi-fi enjoyment at a substantial savings.
Designed for mixing engineers and critical hi-fi listeners, the AKG K701 are open-back stereo headphones offering an audiophile experience. These are over-ear headphones that provide accurate imaging.
Thanks to their patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm design and flat-wire technology, the headphones deliver 10 Hz to 39.8 kHz in an accurate manner, giving you a true-to-the-source bass response and sparkling highs.
Comfortable 3D-form earpads and a genuine leather headband are designed to engender a perfect long-lasting fit. The headphones sport a 3.5mm connection but come with a 1/4" adapter for use with most monitor controllers.
The Grace Design m900 is a compact, portable headphone amplifier, DAC, and preamp, well suited for audio professionals, music enthusiasts, or anyone looking for transparent playback from USB, S/PDIF, or TOSLINK sources. For small DAW setups, the m900 provides the same analog and DAC quality as Grace Design's large monitor controllers, but in a rugged, portable, and surprisingly affordable unit.
The heart of the Grace Design m900 features the latest generation AKM 4490 chip, which includes 32-bit processing and support for sample rates up to 384 kHz or DSD256. The USB interface operates in asynchronous mode allowing the m900 to be the clock master, which makes the system immune to USB bus jitter. S/PDIF and TOSLINK inputs enhance any DAW interface with true reference-quality D/A conversion, headphone monitoring, and stereo speaker control.
The intelligent power supply design allows for two power operation modes, Low and High. Low power mode is derived from USB connection 1, which provides bus power along with data, allowing simple operation from a single connection to a computer. High power mode is available by connecting the included 2A USB DC power supply to USB connector 2, which provides additional power for high-impedance headphones.
The Grace Design m900 utilizes trans-impedance amplifier topology coupled to a zero-ohm output impedance driver for headphone performance that is spacious and transparent with a tight, enveloping low end, while the latest generation cross-feed circuit rounds out the design by emulating an acoustic listening environment in the headphones. The Grace Design m900 ships with a 2A USB power supply and two USB Type-B mini-cables (6' and 10'.)
- USB, S/PDIF and TOSLINK digital inputs, supports up to 192 kHz (TOSLINK up to 96 kHz)
- Asynchronous USB interface for jitter free computer audio playback, supports up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD256
- Dual zero-ohm output impedance headphone outputs
- Unbalanced level controlled outputs via RCA for connecting to a stereo monitor system
- Compact, portable chassis perfect for travel, desktop or studio
- Low power mode via USB Bus power
- High power mode via included USB 2A power supply
- Four different DAC filter settings to tailor playback performance to personal preference
- Simple user setup menu for setup and calibration
- Display: 7-segment LED displays level and setup menu information
- Large rotary encoder for volume control and setup menu navigation
- Made in the USA
- 5-year transferable warranty