- All lenses prioritize a compact profile with an emphasis on intuitive handling; each features a manual aperture ring along with other tactile controls.
- The three lenses share the same 49mm filter ring diameter.
- Matched aluminum finish with stylish focal length and aperture engravings, both aperture and focusing rings, and matching metal lens hoods.
- Two aspherical elements promote more uniform sharpness across the frame by suppressing spherical aberrations and distortions.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element controls color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color fidelity.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Two linear motors deliver quick and accurate autofocus performance, along with capable subject tracking for working with fast-moving subjects. This AF system is also especially quiet to suit its use for cine applications.
- Internal focusing design limits the overall length of the lens for faster, more responsive focusing.
- Linear Response manual focus control offers more natural handling and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Impressive close-up performance for working with close-up subjects; this lens has a minimum focusing distance of 12.2" with MF (13.8" with AF), which results in a 0.21x maximum magnification.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Lens measures 1.8" and weighs 6.2 oz, making it a great portable choice that's well-suited to both full-frame and APS-C bodies.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine-coated front element is easy to clean and resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints.
The Pro 49mm 98-UVATS UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highest-rated protective UV filters with 98% light transmission. It’s ideal for photographers of all levels who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for excellent image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 98% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A scratch-resistant coating minimizes scratching of the glass and helps assure that water, oil, dust, and fingerprints are removed with a gentle wipe. Its hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it is thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. Side knurling helps assure that you’ll have a firm grip when attaching or removing your filter.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so that you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.
Keep your optical surfaces clean with the Sensei OC-CK Optics Care and Cleaning Kit. This kit contains a pack of lens tissues, a lens cleaning pen, bulb air blower, paint brush, lipstick brush, lens cleaning fluid, microfiber cleaning cloth, and see-through mesh travel case to put everything in. This kit can be used to clean a variety of different optics and glass. You can use the air bulb blower and any of the three supplied brushes to initially remove dust from the surface. Sensei recommends applying a small amount of the alcohol- and ammonia-free cleaning fluid directly to the lens tissue. Then, gently rub in small circular motions to remove stubborn smudges or fingerprints from the glass. For those more stubborn blemishes or smudges, the lens pen is very effective.