Record GPS data and track celestial bodies with the Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera with 16-50mm Lens and GPS Kit from B&H. This sophisticated kit bundles the highly capable digital camera body with the HD-DA 16-50mm f/2.8ED PLM AW lens and the O-GPS2 GPS Module.
Proving the DSLR is still a highly capable tool, the Pentax K-3 Mark III marries contemporary imaging capabilities with the trusty and familiar design of an SLR. Taking the flagship spot in Pentax's APS-C lineup, the K-3 Mark III is characterized by a new 25.7MP BSI CMOS sensor, a high-density 101-point AF system, a revised pentaprism optical viewfinder, and an advanced SR II Shake Reduction System. As a Pentax, too, the K-3 Mark III is also distinguished by its robust physical construction and extensive weather sealing for working in harsh weather conditions and climates.
The K-3 Mark III's updated sensor and processing capabilities offer a blend of high-resolution stills performance with apt speed to suit a variety of shooting scenarios. Up to 12 fps continuous shooting is possible along with UHD 4K video recording. For stills, a new SAFOX 13 AF system features 101 phase-detection points for quick and accurate focusing performance with apt subject tracking capabilities.
Complementing the imaging, this camera relies on Pentax's attention to details and how cameras are handled and used, and as such features a tough and robust physical construction with an ergonomic design and intuitive controls. The improved optical viewfinder provides realistic and detailed eye-level viewing while the rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD offers easy control over settings and image review. The K-3 Mark III is also benefitted by dual SD memory card slots, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless interfaces, and a revised button design for more direct access to exposure and AF point control.
Beyond controlling camera shake, the SR II mechanism also benefits stills applications by enabling a Pixel Shift Resolution feature and an AA Filter Simulator function. Pixel Shift Resolution shifts the sensor in small increments in sequential shots in order to capture full color information at each pixel site, then composites these sequential frames to produce a single image with richer detail and resolution. The AA Filter Simulator, on the other hand, utilizes microscopic vibrations during the capture process to help mitigate moiré in order to produce clean renderings of fabrics and other high-frequency materials. This system works in conjunction with the sensor that lacks an AA filter, so you have the choice between gaining the most resolution or reducing moiré under specific scenarios.
- Large and bright optical pentaprism viewfinder provides an impressive 1.05x magnification and covers 100% of the image frame for clear and accurate eye-level viewing. The pentaprism's design has also been updated to use high-refraction glass, optimized coatings, and a distortion-correcting element to reduce aberrations and promote high clarity and color fidelity.
- Rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD is a large and bright means for image review, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This screen is also benefitted by a Night Vision function that adjusts the screen's brightness depending on the shooting conditions.
- Typical of Pentax's designs, a sturdy and weather-resistant construction is featured for use in trying weather conditions. The chassis is built from lightweight-yet-durable magnesium alloy and is fitted with a series of dust- and moisture-resistant seals to protect against various weather conditions. The camera is also freezeproof down to 14°F and the durability is carried over to the shutter unit as well, which is rated for 300,000 shutter actuations.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are featured to benefit audio performance while recording video.
- Updated control scheme includes a new AF point selector lever for intuitive point selection; a Hyper Operation system with a new Advanced mode for more intuitive exposure mode control; an Operation Control Lock function to prevent accidental settings changes; and a new Smart Function mode and dedicated button for quick selection of settings and functions.
- Included D-LI90 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 800 shots per charge and the camera's USB Type-C port can be used for in-body battery charging.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer flexible storage capabilities and the first card slot is compatible with the UHS-II standard for faster transfer speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity can be used to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera via the Image Sync mobile app.
This dynamic HD-DA 16-50mm f/2.8ED PLM AW Lens from Pentax is a classic wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens with a constant f/2.8 aperture through the entire zoom range that delivers optical performance and is an ideal regular-use lens. It incorporates a newly designed optical system and an advanced Pulse Motor (PLM) to assure smooth, high-speed, and high precision autofocus operation with minimized noise. It has been fine-tuned for greater operability in manual-focus operation and includes a quick-shift focus system to provide an instant shift from auto to manual. An electromagnetic diaphragm control mechanism assures high precision exposure control and smooth focus tracking when used in combination with compatible digital SLR cameras and also enables the capture of video clips using automatic exposure control, even when there are considerable differences in brightness. It delivers exceptionally high resolving power and outstanding contrast even at open aperture, while capturing beautiful images with a smooth transition of the bokeh effect and a true-to-life depth of field.
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dustproof, weather-resistant construction to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior. The Super Protect lens coating keeps the front surface free of dust and stains, so it performs superbly even in the most demanding shooting conditions, in rain, mist, or at locations prone to splashing water.
The PENTAX O-GPS2 GPS Module records and embeds latitude, longitude, altitude data at the time of shooting into image files. It can now also parse information from GLONASS and Galileo systems, on top of the US standard GPS and Japanese QZSS. When mounted on the corresponding PENTAX DSLR cameras body, the O-GPS2 also offers the advanced ASTROTRACER function, which couples the unit with the camera's SR (Shake Reduction) system for the effortless tracing and photography of celestial bodies. The unit calculates the movement of stars, planets, and other bodies using the latitude obtained from the location data and the camera's alignment data (horizontal and vertical inclinations and aspect) obtained from its magnetic and acceleration sensors, then shifts the camera's image sensor in synchronization with the movement of the objects. It also makes astrophotography much simpler, as it requires only a tripod and eliminates the need for an additional accessory such as an equatorial telescope.