On the stills end, this quick processing means faster shooting to suit photographing moving subjects. When working with an electronic shutter, shooting at up to 20 fps is possible, with a buffer of 202 consecutive uncompressed raw frames. With the mechanical shutter, shooting speeds of up to 15 fps are possible, along with the ability to shoot upwards of 1000 raw frames in a single burst.
Benefitting both video and stills applications, this processing also benefits the sophisticated and AI-backed autofocus system, helps achieve a 14-stop dynamic range, and enables an enhanced sensitivity range from ISO 125-12800.
- Large OLED electronic viewfinder features a crisp 5.76m-dot resolution and a 0.8x magnification for bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.0" LCD has a high 1.62m-dot resolution and a touchscreen interface for intuitive control. Also, its vari-angle design means the screen can be flipped out to the side, tilted up or down, and closed with the screen against the body for protection.
- 1.28" monochrome LCD screen on the top plate is a simple means for quickly reviewing shooting settings.
- Dual memory card slots include one CFexpress Type B slot and one SD UHS-II slot for file-saving flexibility. The CFexpress Type B slot should be prioritized for higher bitrate video recording and fast continuous shooting, and the SD slot is a convenient alternative for backups or less speed-critical shooting.
- NP-W235 battery provides approximately 720 frames per charge when working with the EVF in Economy Mode, or approximately 580 frames in Normal Mode.
- Full-size HDMI Type A port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port supports tethering, data transfer, and in-camera battery charging.
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports for greater control over audio recording.
- PC sync port for flash sync.
- 2.5mm remote port for using wired remote controllers.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.