HDR-PQ recording is possible, too, for in-camera HDR production and external recording, via the micro-HDMI port, which supports a clean 4K output at up to 60 fps. Also, unlimited recording times are possible, too, and the R7 features both mic and headphone ports, as well as a multi-function shoe for wide accessories compatibility.
In addition to the EVF, a 3.0" vari-angle LCD is also available and benefits working high, low, and front-facing angles. The flexible position is complemented by a touchscreen interface and the clear 1.62m-dot resolution allows for vivid playback and live view monitoring.
- Referencing the professional-grade EOS R3, the R7 is modeled after its robust physical design and sports a dust- and moisture-sealed body construction that's suitable for working in inclement conditions.
- Redesigned rear controls include a combined AF point selector and rear control wheel, which puts two of the most oft-used controls in a single intuitive-to-reach spot.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and both are rated for UHS-II card speeds to support fluent 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
A versatile zoom range in a compact package is the promise of the Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. Made specifically for Canon's APS-C-format R Series mirrorless line, it delivers a wide-angle to short telephoto equivalent zoom range of 29-72mm. Plus, a retractable design makes it ideal for everyday carry where you want to stuff the camera in a bag.
Canon has taken care with the optical design, using two aspherical elements and the Super Spectra Coating to minimize aberrations and reduce ghosting and flare. An Optical Image Stabilizer will help ensure sharp imagery, providing up to 4 stops of shake correction or up to 6 stops of Coordinated IS with a compatible camera body. Additionally, the lead screw-type STM AF system is fast enough to keep up with speedy continuous focus while being smooth and quiet enough to work for video.
Dedicated to select Canon cameras featuring a Multi-Function Shoe, the DM-E1D Stereo Microphone is a compact external microphone offering a range of directional control for improved audio quality when recording videos. This dedicated mic utilizes the Multi-Function Shoe to provide power and a digital connection, meaning no batteries or cabled connections are required for use. The streamlined design carries over to settings control, too, with the mic solely featuring a Menu button to bring up a menu on the connected camera for making adjustments and settings changes.
- Shotgun is a focused recording mode that picks up a narrow band of sound in front of the camera, making it suitable for dialogues, single musical instruments, or other specific subjects.
- 90° stereo recording mode is suitable for a single subject and adds some audio context to the sides to suit recording small groups of people.
- 120° stereo recording mode offers a wider angle of sound that is ideal for recording larger groups in more expansive areas, such as a band on stage or an outdoor party.
Power select Canon cameras with the LP-E6NH rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This battery has the same form factor as the LP-E6/LP-E6N battery, and can be used as a higher capacity substitute for those batteries. The 2130mAh capacity should provide an increase in battery life of approximately 14%. Additionally, it supports in-camera charging via USB with select camera models and may also be used in cameras and other devices powered by earlier versions of the LP-E6N and LP-E6 batteries.