Synthesizer enthusiasts will be thrilled with this re-release of the Minimoog Model D from Moog, a reissue of the classic Minimoog Model D featuring the exact circuit boards that retain the same component placement and through-hole design of the original. The 3-oscillator synthesizer utilizes the classic Moog ladder filter with resonance to ensure that no changes were made to the sound engine. The instrument is housed in a locally sourced Appalachian-cherry hardwood enclosure with a hand-finished aluminum chassis.
A handful of features have been added, which do not affect the sound in any way. The additions include analog LFO and Filter Contour as modulation sources, a Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch, CV outputs for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity, and Gate, an external Modulation CV input, MIDI In, Out, and Thru, and improved circuit-board connectors for touring reliability. Additionally, an overload modification has been added which automatically scales and feeds back the output of the Model D into the External Audio Input for instant overdrive.
- 3 vintage Moog oscillators
- Classic Moog low-pass ladder filter with resonance
- Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
- Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
- Military-spec precision resistors
- Precision Linear-System-matched JFETs in oscillators
- Classic thermoset, gnarled pitch and mod wheels
- CV Modifications: Outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity, and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output-level attenuators)
- Modulation Modifications: Analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
- Overload Modification: The output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
- Improved circuit-board connectors for touring reliability
- Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- MIDI In, Out, and Thru