By B&H Photo's
Perfect Portrait Prime
Pairing a medium-telephoto focal length with an extremely bright maximum aperture, the Canon RF 135mm f/1.8 L IS USM offers an engaging mixture of high sharpness and shallow depth of field, making it an ideal choice for portrait subjects. Benefitting this desirable combination is an advanced L-series optical design, robust and weather-sealed construction, and fast AF along with dependable image stabilization for intuitive use.
L Series Optics
- Impressively bright f/1.8 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Three ultra-low dispersion elements control a variety of aberrations in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate color rendering.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Nano USM Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- Nano USM delivers fast, accurate, and near silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Customizable Lens Function buttons on the barrel permit intuitive tactile control and rapid access to shooting settings.
- Benefitting handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilization compensates for 5.5 stops of camera shake, or up to 8 stops if paired with in-body image stabilization, for sharper imagery.
Robust Design and Intuitive Handling
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on front element helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.