The 1080p Uncompressed USB/HDMI over Cat 5e/6 KVM Console Extender from StarTech lets you control a PC from up to 330' away over a single Cat 5e/6 cable connection, with uncompressed 1080p HDMI video and access to up to three connected USB devices. A flexible solution for powering large high-definition displays remotely, this HDMI/USB extender supports uncompressed 1080p or 1920x1200 video resolutions at maximum distance.
Additional features such as 3D support, HDCP, CEC, and Lip Sync pass-through enable you to display your content exactly as you need it on the remote display. This versatile KVM console extender can be connected to a single system or cascaded to an existing KVM switch for remote operation of multiple systems and features three USB 2.0 ports on the remote end, allowing you to connect a keyboard, mouse, printer, or other peripherals. Since the extender uses Cat 5e (or better) network cable, you have the option to use existing infrastructure wiring, which helps avoid the hassle and expense of running bulky video cables.
- Operate one or more servers from a remote location within the same building or campus
- Use for remote control of secured, physically inaccessible servers
- Can act as a thin client for power users controlling powerful rack-mounted servers as their desktop machines
- Control and monitor a remote server from a harsh environment where the PC would not function properly due to heat/dust/etc. (factory, warehouse, mining, etc.)
- Ideal for controlling a PC in an area where fan or hard drive noise is unacceptable, such as a television broadcast studio