- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture allows users to capture images in dim lighting conditions and with a shallow depth of field.
- Two ED (extra-low dispersion) and two Super ED elements, including one aspherical ED element, effectively suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations.
- Two aspherical lenses, including one extreme aspherical lens (XA), minimize distance-related aberrations and also reduce 'onion ring' bokeh.
- Nano AR Coating II controls flare and ghosting with support from a new optical design that reduces internal reflections.
- An 11-blade aperture diaphragm helps create smooth, circular bokeh at all aperture settings.
The exterior design of the lens also sees some big changes. One clear example is the addition of a physical aperture ring that was not present on its predecessor. Users will be able to de-click this ring at the flip of a switch for smooth iris control during shooting. This provides shooters with independent controls for focus, zoom, and iris.
An advanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system will ensure sharp images while shooting handheld at even the longest focal lengths. Multiple modes are available, including standard, panning, and a new Mode 3 for moving subjects.
Other features of the physical design include three programmable focus hold buttons, all located in 90-degree increments, for more tactile control over select settings in both landscape and portrait orientation. Users also have a removable tripod foot for added stability on support systems.
- Focus range limiter switch will optimize performance and improve AF speed and responsiveness in certain shooting scenarios.
- Zoom ring torque has been optimized.
- Iris lock switch prevents users from accidentally moving the aperture ring to or from the auto aperture position.
- Front lens element has a fluorine coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants and makes the lens easier to clean.
- Included lens hood features a locking button and a filter window for easier adjustment of variable filters (e.g. polarizers, ND).
The Pro 77mm 98-UVATS UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highest-rated protective UV filters with 98% light transmission. It’s ideal for photographers of all levels who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for excellent image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 98% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A scratch-resistant coating minimizes scratching of the glass and helps assure that water, oil, dust, and fingerprints are removed with a gentle wipe. Its hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it is thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. Side knurling helps assure that you’ll have a firm grip when attaching or removing your filter.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so that you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.
Keep your optical surfaces clean with the Sensei OC-CK Optics Care and Cleaning Kit. This kit contains a pack of lens tissues, a lens cleaning pen, bulb air blower, paint brush, lipstick brush, lens cleaning fluid, microfiber cleaning cloth, and see-through mesh travel case to put everything in. This kit can be used to clean a variety of different optics and glass. You can use the air bulb blower and any of the three supplied brushes to initially remove dust from the surface. Sensei recommends applying a small amount of the alcohol- and ammonia-free cleaning fluid directly to the lens tissue. Then, gently rub in small circular motions to remove stubborn smudges or fingerprints from the glass. For those more stubborn blemishes or smudges, the lens pen is very effective.