This B&H Kit combines the Synology DiskStation DS223 2-Bay NAS Enclosure with two Seagate 4TB IronWolf 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDDs for a storage capacity of 8TB.
Designed with both work and leisure in mind, the DiskStation DS223 2-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology has all the tools you need to create an intuitive and secure platform to centralize, organize, and share your data. It is equipped with two drive bays that natively support 3.5" SATA hard drives, as well as 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSDs. Using its dual drive bays, this NAS will allow you to store and share a large number of files, including videos, music, photos, and documents with up to 1024 user accounts.
The DS218 runs on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, which is a browser-based operating system that helps to simplify managing your Synology NAS. Its CPU is a Realtek RTD1619B and its 2GB of DDR4 RAM allows frequently used files and applications to be quickly accessed. Also featured are three USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 ports for connecting peripherals, and network connectivity is achieved via the integrated Gigabit Ethernet port.
For those who require RAID support, the DS223 supports RAID 0 and 1, as well Synology Hybrid RAID and Basic RAID, each of which offers performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. For those who do not require a RAID, JBOD is also available, allowing each drive bay to be individually utilized.
The DS223 is engineered to be energy efficient. Not only does it feature a 92mm fan to help keep the system running cool at all times, its noise dampening design makes for quiet operation. The server supports numerous scheduled power on / off cycles and hard drive hibernation to further minimize power consumption and operation expenses.
The Synology DiskStation DS223 2-Bay NAS Enclosure operates on 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz and includes an accessory pack, an AC power adapter, an AC power cord, and an RJ45 LAN cable. It is protected by a limited 2-year warranty.
- Enable QuickConnect to access your NAS directly from web browsers without configuring complex port forwarding rules.
- Browse and manage your files from any browser with Synology Drive, or access familiarly from the local network using common network protocols.
- Keep your shots and clips organized using Synology Photos' smart sorting functions.
- Deploy your Synology NAS as edge storage by fitting it easily into the existing network infrastructure thanks to Windows AD and LDAP integration.
- Build a private data cloud for easy file management and sharing across all platforms, and keep the content of two Synology systems in sync with Synology Drive.
- Maintain a reduced local footprint by streaming data on demand from a central data repository through the cloud with Hybrid Share.
- Synchronize data from and to popular cloud storage platforms with Synology Cloud Sync.
- Share media with family, friends, or collaborators through the privacy-focused sharing options in Synology Photo.
- Leverage Synology Drive to protect data from ransomware attacks or accidental deletion with real-time or scheduled backups of your PC folders.
- Safeguard photos and videos taken on mobile devices by automatically creating remote copies with Synology Drive or Synology Photos.
- Efficiently back up your entire Synology NAS or select folders to multiple destinations using Hyper Backup.
- Store backups on C2 Storage, a dedicated and secure cloud destination powered by Synology C2.
- Take NAS protection to the next level with Snapshot Replication by creating point-in-time copies of shared folders that can be replicated to other Synology systems and rapidly restored.
- 8300+ supported camera models.
- ONVIF support for a broader selection of cameras.
- Private, subscription-free storage of recordings.
- Access through web browsers, desktop clients, or mobile apps.
- Event-based rules to trigger specific actions.
- Email, SMS, and push notification options.
- Dual recording to the cloud with C2 Surveillance for online access and convenient sharing.
Designed for use in 1-8 bay NAS systems within home, SOHO, and small business environments, the 4TB IronWolf 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from Seagate is built to withstand 24x7 operations, or up to 180TB per year / 8760 hours per year. This 4TB drive has been equipped with a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, a 3.5" form factor, and a 256MB cache, providing users with an ample storage capacity and data transfer speeds of up to 202 MB/s. The IronWolf also has an MTBF rating of 1.0 million hours, a workload rate of up to 180TB per year, a non-recoverable read error rate of 1 per 1014, supports 600,000 load/unload cycles, and an annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.87%. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty.