By B&H Photo's
Packing a huge field of view in a diminutive size, the Sigma 17mm f/4 DG DN Contemporary Lens offers the ultra-wide perspective beloved by landscape shooters, street photographers, and those working with interior and architectural subjects in a compact, portable size for everyday use.
The Tiny Ultra-Wide
Presenting an immersive field of view, this wide-angle prime pairs its broad perspective with a modest f/4 maximum aperture, which helps to keep the overall size and weight as small as possible, and capable optics to render scenes with high sharpness, accuracy, and low distortion. An ultra-wide like this is a perfect partner for lightweight landscape kits, everyday shooting of architecture subjects and interior scenes, and even as a creative option for unique portraits and vlogging.
- Contemporary Line lens features a sleek design that measures approximately 2.5 x 2" and a weight of just under 8 oz, making it portable enough for everyday shooting needs without compromising on optics or performance.
- Internal focusing design pairs with a stepping AF motor for responsive and fast focusing performance that's suitable for both stills and video applications.
- Optical design includes two SLD elements and three aspherical elements, to optimize sharpness and limit distortion, and a Super Multi-Layer Coating that controls flare and reflections.
- Close minimum focusing distance of just 4.7" suits working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with AF assist function and lens aberration correction on supported cameras.
- Dust and splash-resistant construction with a brass bayonet mount for ensured accuracy and durability.
I Series Lens
The Sigma I Series is a group of full-frame-compatible lenses emphasizing the ideal mixture of performance and compactness for mirrorless shooters. Combining high optical performance with a stylish and sleek design, these lenses are well-matched to contemporary mirrorless cameras and shooters who prioritize lenses with a high degree of usability, portability, and capability.
- I Series lenses have an all-metal construction, including precision-cut aluminum parts on the barrel that offers an elegant finish that's equally durable. Metal materials are also used throughout the internal construction for added robustness and reliability that is inspired by Sigma's Cine lens lineup.
- Knurled aperture and focus rings, along with an included knurled metal lens hood, further contribute to a pleasing tactile experience.
- In addition to knurled details, the lens features an intuitive AF/MF switch and the aperture ring includes an 'A' position for quick switching to an aperture-priority exposure mode.
- I Series lenses include both a conventional plastic lens cap along with a magnetic metal lens cap for more streamlined and minimal attachment method.
- Magnetic lens cap is compatible with optional CH-11 Magnetic Cap Holder.