Aimed at electronic musicians and synth/Eurorack enthusiasts, the Korg Nu:Tekt NTS-2 Oscilloscope DIY Kit is a DIY multifunctional tool that builds upon a powerful 4-channel oscilloscope, allowing you to monitor control voltages (CV) and other audio signals. The NTS-2 also includes a waveform generator, a spectrum analyzer, FFT, and a tuner optimized for a variety of studio tasks.
The NTS-2 offers a dual stereo In, dual stereo thru/out, and two separate outputs, which allow you to wire it into your synth rig and use its dual waveform generators to give yourself an extra pair of oscillators or LFOs. It's a fantastic tool for every synth lover and modular user—from beginner to pro.
- As with other Nu:Tekt products, the NTS-2 is a DIY (do-it-yourself) kit that is extremely easy and quick to assemble—no soldering needed. The assembly process requires less than 10 minutes.
- Set of transparent side panels for your NTS-2, letting it stand up at one of two different mounting angles for easy use in any studio or stage rig.
- Learning about synthesizers is easier and more intuitive if you can use your eyes to supplement your ears. Studying waveforms, frequency and time relationships, audio signals, and control voltages becomes clear and immediate if you can see how they change and interact, not just listen to what they’re doing. Seeing these signals come alive in full color as you patch and tweak, giving your learning process a huge boost.
- The oscilloscope, a tool for visualizing signals and voltages, has been around for many years—but as scientific instruments, they might not seem like something a musician could easily use. The NTS-2 is an oscilloscope designed with the musician in mind. Its interface is simple, clean, and easy to use; rather than twiddling knobs and trying to understand obscure parameters, you can look at your signals and understand them in a matter of seconds.
- With its dual stereo inputs, you can study up to four audio and CV signals at once, comparing and overlapping them with ease. A variety of display modes let you see your data in color, a huge advantage over the old oscilloscopes you've seen in science fiction movies.
- With two Thru stereo outputs, the NTS-2 blends seamlessly into your signal flow without having to repatch.
- The NTS-2 user interface is clear and easy to read, thanks to its dedicated menu buttons, clickable encoder knob, and 240 x 320 pixel, 2.8 color LCD.
- To further dive into analyzing any signal, the NTS-2 offers a dedicated FFT (fast Fourier transform) visualizer with a real-time Spectrum Analyzer (frequency 20 Hz to 20 kHz).
- These handy tools have always been out of reach for the synth musician because they either required expensive hardware or a nearby computer. Now you can carry them in your pocket.
- The NTS-2 is much more than just an oscilloscope. The flexible Wave Generator mode has two oscillators with dedicated outputs, so you can test your synth rig, or just get creative.
- Each oscillator can create a variety of waveforms (sine, square, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, and noise), whose shape and phase can be adjusted to suit many applications.
- These sounds can be used in the audio range or as control-voltage sources, and they can be set to cycle continuously or act as one-shot impulses; that means you can turn them into LFOs, envelopes, triggers, and control-voltage generators, as well as sound sources.
- Attaching the NTS-2 to any patchable synthesizer instantly expands its power in useful ways.
- The NTS-2 features a tuner with two display modes (Needle and Meter)—calibration: 410 to 480 Hz
- The unit offers plenty of ways to connect to your studio. Besides its 4-channel input and dual waveform output, its dual stereo Thru/Out ports let you leave it wired into your system. It's much easier to understand what you're doing if you can see the signals and use them at the same time, rather than constantly plugging and unplugging cables. This handy function lets you maintain your signal flow at all times—even when the NTS-2 has been powered off.
- The NTS-2 maximizes portability and flexibility by using either two AAA batteries or a USB Type-C power supply (both available separately), depending on your needs.