The Deity Theos is an advanced, fully digital wireless microphone system designed to provide a fast, stress-free, remote-controlled workflow and dependable performance for filmmakers, videographers, and serious content creators looking to record two on-camera personalities at the same time. Part of Deity’s Sidus ecosystem, the Theos operates in the less crowded UHF spectrum to deliver reliable wireless transmission at a range up to 300'. In addition, the transmitters feature backup microSD recording for an added level of insurance, while the dual-channel receiver is camera-mountable and compatible with mobile devices. Both components feature rugged CNC-milled aluminum chassis engineered to survive the rigors of field production.
Two DBTX Versatile Bodypack Transmitters
- The first part of the system is comprised of two compact bodypack transmitters, each with a locking 3.5mm TRS Sennheiser-style input jack.
- Attach the two included omnidirectional lavaliers to your subject, plug them into the transmitters, and you're ready to go.
- With a dynamic range of 123 dB and up to 30 dB of gain, the transmitters can handle a wide variety of mic and line inputs. Two A/D converters ensure pristine 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio quality.
- The onboard recorder in each transmitter features both 24-bit and 32-bit float formats, so you never have to worry about gain staging on your backup WAV files—perfect for avoiding dropped signals and wireless interference. Recordings are saved to a microSD card up to 128GB in size.
- The DBTX can wirelessly sync its timecode to that of the Deity TC-1 timecode generator (available separately). Timecode ensures your backup WAV files will sync with your master file in post. Multiple SMPTE frame rates are supported.
- Alternatively, the DBTX can be synced via the 3.5mm jack, if you are using third-party timecode generators.
- An adjustable RF power output from 10 to 100mW means you can boost the RF transmission signal, at the expense of battery life, to overcome interference in crowded UHF environments.
- Power is supplied by two AA batteries. A pair of Lithium batteries will power each transmitter for over 12 hours.
D2RX Dual-Channel Camera-Mount Receiver
- The second part of the system is the compact receiver, which features an impressive 103 dB dynamic range, and conveniently attaches to your camera's shoe mount to receive wireless audio from the transmitters.
- The receiver is dual-channel, allowing you to record two on-camera personalities at the same time.
- Two TRS mono balanced or stereo unbalanced outputs are supplied to connect to your camera's inputs for recording.
- A USB-C port on the receiver outputs digital audio, great for use with a phone or mobile device.
- A pair of Lithium AA batteries will power the receiver for over 8 hours.
Wideband UHF Spectrum
- The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System sets itself apart by utilizing a broad UHF spectrum from 550 to 663 MHz instead of the congested 2.4 GHz band. This helps ensure that your audio is free from interference and other issues that can occur when working in a crowded frequency range.
- Using a wideband UHF spectrum is especially important for filmmakers who need to work in various locations where multiple devices might compete for frequency space. In such situations, Deity Theos ensures that you always have a clear frequency to work with, thus lowering the risk of interference.
Remote Control via Sidus Audio App
- The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System has a unique feature that allows remote control of the transmitters and receiver through the Sidus Audio app.
- With the app, you can easily perform frequency scanning and assignment, coordinate frequencies among several receivers, adjust gain staging, and remotely trigger the transmitters' backup recorders. This feature eliminates the need to physically handle the devices, making it much more convenient when working in the field.
- The remote control feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work with multiple devices or those who need to make adjustments to their audio settings quickly. It saves time, and it ensures that you never miss a critical moment on set.
Full-Color LCD Screens
- One of the standout features of the Theos Wireless System are the full-color LCD screens on the transmitters and receiver, displaying the status of each device.
- The screens make it easy to monitor the system's performance, ensuring that you always have a clear view of your audio levels, battery life, and other critical information.
- This feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work in various locations and lighting conditions.
SMA Antenna Ports
- The D2RX receiver comes with SMA antenna ports, which allows you to swap out antennas to fine-tune your frequency or replace them if they get damaged.
- This feature makes it more compact for storing and transporting in its case, which is especially useful when working on location.