The DJI Inspire 3 Drone with Transmission & 18mm Lens Kit from B&H includes a DJI Inspire 3 drone, an extra RC Plus controller, DJI Transmission with High-Bright Monitor, 3-Channel Follow Focus controller, and an 18mm f/2.8 ASPH full-frame lens. This combination gives professionals an out-of-the-box, production-ready solution for supporting dual-pilot operation with fine, manual imaging controls.
Utilizing the extra RC Plus controller, both the pilot and camera operator can enjoy telemetry and a live footage feed on each of their 7" 1200-nit displays. Ideal for standard operation, but when more nuance is needed, the 3-Channel Follow Focus controller can be mounted to the high-bright monitor. Using O3 Pro transmission via dual-band Wi-Fi and frequency hopping, you'll still enjoy a stable and crisp feed, but now the controller can provide granular adjustment of lens focus, zoom, and aperture. The additional kit component of the 18mm full-frame lens supports all this by delivering a wide-angle image and carbon fiber body to maintain maneuverability.
Improving upon many aspects of the Inspire 2, the DJI Inspire 3 Drone keeps up with the advancements and needs of film and television producers, allowing filmmakers to capture creative and stunning results. It begins with the X9-8K Air, an 8K, full-frame, 3-axis, gimbal camera custom-built for the Inspire 3. It joins a new 1/1.8" FPV camera with double the DFOV of the Inspire 2. Together, they help capture professional footage and complex shots thanks to a customizable obstacle avoidance system, built-in centimeter-level RTK accuracy, and tracking solutions that allow accurate and repeatable shots.
- 8K75 Apple ProRes RAW video
- S&Q Mode: Up to full-frame 4K120 ProRes RAW without cropping
- Dual Native ISO at full-frame 30 fps and below
- EI 800/4000 at 24 fps for film production
- EI 320/1600 above 30 fps for commercial and TV production
- 14+ stops of dynamic range for capturing rich highlights and shadow in complex lighting scenarios and allowing for more possibilities during editing
- DJI Cinema Color System (DCCS): An improved DCCS retains authentic colors across natural and urban settings and skin tones in various lighting, and it helps make color matching the X9-8K Air with ground-based cameras easier to achieve.
- Repeatable Routes: Have the Inspire 2 automatically fly the same route over and over while keeping all preset parameters, such as altitude, speed, gimbal angle, and camera settings. This helps perform difficult one-take shots and fly identical routes at different times of the day for transition shots.
- 3D Dolly: Simulate a crane, cable cam, or dolly shot with the added flexibility that aerial cinematography can provide. You can plan the dolly route and then move the Inspire 3 drone back and forth along it while adjusting speed, gimbal angle, and other parameters as needed.
- Follow Mode: In this mode, the drone and gimbal lock onto a subject and orient toward it in the same direction, allowing for easier circling shots
- Free Mode: Taking advantage of the gimbal's 360° pan ability, the gimbal can stay locked onto a subject while the pilot uses the FPV camera to check the surroundings and control the flight route.
A new feature offered by the Inspire 3 is the ability to customize obstacle avoidance. So, filmmakers can enable or disable horizontal, upward, or downward sensing independently. This allows pilots to fly closer to objects, performing complex and creative maneuvers without automated avoidance ruining the shot. You still get the ability to manually set a range, where the Inspire 3 will give you an audible alert sound if you get too close, and you'll always be able to see an object's distances on the controller's display.
To share the live video feed with others on set, you can use the built-in HDMI output to connect the controller to an optional monitor. It can run for up to 3.3 hours per battery charge and supports hot swapping to extend battery life. If you do fly for long periods, the included strap and waist support help to make piloting more comfortable.
- DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor can be used as a second controller to receive live feeds or control the gimbal and focus
- DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus uses the O3 Pro system with the High-Bright Remote Monitor to transmit control signals to the Inspire 3. This allows the focus puller to accurately achieve remote focus and stepless aperture adjustments
- DJI Master Wheels works with a High-Bright Remote Monitor to allow for gimbal control
- DJI Transmission supports unlimited remote monitors with the connection of the RC Plus to a DJI Video Transmitter with Broadcast mode
- Inspire 3
- X9-8K gimbal camera
- Two RC Plus remotes (one included)
- Four (optional) lenses
- 12 flight batteries (six included)
- Two battery charging hubs (one included)
- Three sets of propellers and more
Designed to control the DJI Inspire 3, the DJI RC Plus remote controller gives pilots classic controls, a selection of integrated buttons and dials, and a built-in 7" display. The display is made to show the live feed from the Inspire 3, along with essential telemetry, such as camera exposure, video specs, focal length, and gimbal angle. When it comes to film and TV production, time is money, which is why DJI used a bright 1200-nit display so it can be used easily outdoors in the daylight.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ac) dual-band transmission
- Bluetooth 5.1 support
Transmit high-definition video over 3 miles (line-of-sight) from your DJI drone or gimbal gear for monitoring with this Transmission with High-Bright Monitor Combo from DJI. The combo includes a transmitter and a monitor/receiver that transmits up to 1080p60 video using the highly efficient O3 Pro transmission technology via Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies. Optional high-gain antennas can be purchased to boost the signal quality and distance. The high-bright monitor features 1500 cd/m² brightness, 1920 x 1200 resolution, and a touchscreen display.
The system supports automatic frequency hopping to find the strongest signal, and it operates using AES 256 encryption to protect your video from prying eyes. It allows you to transmit simultaneously to two receivers in control mode, and in broadcast mode, it can transmit to unlimited receivers with a slightly lower performance. Control mode allows you to control your gimbal or camera using the touchscreen or via physical gestures using the built-in gyroscopic sensor.
The units can be powered via a WB37 battery or its DC power input, or they can be powered directly from a DJI gimbal such as the Ronin 2 or RS 3. The monitor provides multiple imaging tools such as frame guide, waveform, and false color, and it allows you to import custom LUTs. With an optional expansion plate, the monitor can output HDMI and SDI signals, and also adds DC input and connection to Master Wheels and Force Pro.
- O3 Pro adds a DFS band on top of the traditional 2.4 and 5.8 GHz, offering up to 23 channel options that provide professional crews with more compliant and interference-free transmission channels.
- DJI Transmission supports triple-band automatic frequency hopping, which automatically scans the electromagnetic environment for the best wireless channel.
- With a built-in frequency sweeper, users can even manually select a channel to avoid interference between devices.
- By mounting high-gain antennas, transmission capability is further boosted.
- Two transmission modes are available.
- In Control mode, DJI Transmission delivers optimal transmission performance. Monitoring can be done from two receivers at the same time, while the gimbal of Ronin 2 and RS 3 Pro and camera can be controlled remotely.
- Broadcast mode can be enabled on top of Control mode to enable an unlimited number of receivers (transmission performance differs from Control mode).
- On larger and more dynamic, DJI Transmission can operate with 20 or more transmitters sending signals to 20 or more devices, resulting in a smooth, coordinated experience that's difficult to get with traditional transmission setups.
Control the focus, zoom, aperture, and toggle recording in your cine camera or drone footage using this DJI 3-Channel Follow Focus Controller. The controller is compatible with the Ronin 4D cine camera and the Inspire 3 drone and offers wireless remote adjustment of various lens settings. To connect your controller to your camera of choice, you must have the High-Bright Remote Monitor with the latest firmware update.
The monitor attaches to the controller using the included monitor holder bracket and its built-in 1/4"-20 screws. Once mounted, the bracket can be titled to provide a perfectly-angled view of your monitor to preview your footage while facilitating autofocus or automated manual focus maneuvers. Three focus marking rings are also included with the controller for accurate adjustments.
DJI Inspire 3
Specifically designed to fit the DL mount on the Inspire 3, the DJI 18mm f/2.8 ASPH Full-Frame Lens for Inspire 3 gives filmmakers a wide-angle option for capturing aerial footage in 8K clarity with the Zenmuse X9-8K Air gimbal camera. Thanks to the optics' high sharpness and chromatic aberration, the resulting 8K content will receive richer detail and lifelike color. The lens is housed within a monocoque carbon fiber body, meeting DJI's requirement for ultra-high maneuverability.