This Cokin Z-Pro Series Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter is designed for use with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is able to filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
This filter is made of durable, optical resin (CR39) and measures 1.6mm thick.
- Compatible with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Constructed from optical resin (CR39) for clarity and durability