Designed for near and deep-sky observation with a fast focal ratio for astrophotography/imaging, Celestron's AstroMaster 130EQ 130mm f/5 Reflector Telescope features a 650mm focal length and a spherical mirror.
The scope is outfitted with a 1.25 rack-and-pinion focuser and two eyepieces to get new users started: a 10mm that yields 65x power and a 20mm for a 32.5x magnification. The 20mm eyepiece integrates an erecting system to correct images horizontally and vertically to allow easy terrestrial use. An unmagnified red-dot finder is also included to help set-up, align and navigate easier.
The included manual equatorial mount features slow-motion control cables make it easy to track objects even when wearing gloves, while also minimizing vibrations caused by handling the mount with your hands; and clearly visible indicators on the Right Ascension and Declination axes. An adjustable-height aluminum tripod rounds out the rig with a tray for accessories such as eyepieces, filters, and lights.
- Large 130mm aperture
- Fast f/5 focal ratio
- 650mm focal length
- Resolution: 1.07 arcsec, Rayleigh; 0.89 arcsec, Dawes
- 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser
- CG-3 Mount:
- Manual German equatorial
- Dual slow-motion control cables enable fine adjustments with reduced vibrations
- Altitude adjustment screws locks setting
- Etched Right Ascension and Declination scales
- Removable counterweight bar
- Two 4.8-pound counterweights to properly balance OTA and accessories for smooth movement
- Dovetail plate enables fast assembly and break-down
- 1.25" diameter stainless steel legs
- Tray to hold eyepieces, lights, and accessories
- Spiked feet add stability on uneven/soft ground
- 1.25" diameter barrel
- Accepts most 1.25" astronomical filters
- 10mm focal length produces 65x
- 20mm focal length produces 32.5x
- 20mm eyepiece has integrated prism to correct image horizontally and vertically for terrestrial use
- SkyPointer Finder:
- Unmagnified to make finding objects easier and star-hopping navigation faster
- Illuminated red center aiming dot is easy to see without affecting night-adjusted vision
Celestron 130EQ Specs
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter|
1.25" diameter legs
2 x 4.8 lb / 2.2 kg
|Optical Tube Dimensions|
24.0" / 61.0 cm
28.0 lb / 12.7 kg, assembled
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)|
35 x 18.5 x 10"
Celestron 130EQ Reviews
Spend a little more or you will be frustrated
The mount is very bad. The locks don't prevent movement with very little force and the unlocked motion is not smooth. The tripod legs are not strong enough for the scope's weight. The focuser is so loose that culmination is not possible. By the time I purchase a new focuser, I could have bought a decent instrument. If you are planning to give a child a chance to see if they like astronomy, this scope will deter them. Everything else I have purchased from B&H has been great. This is a Celestron shortcoming, not B&H.
Most disappointing purchase
Not working hard to use terrible instructions
Este telescopio en conjunto con la NEximage 10 y apilado con Registax 6 pude capturar la luna.
Overall, I am impressed with this scope. It is nearly 30lbs, and believe me the equatorial mount is not as hard as it seems to use. Instead of up-down left-right on an alt azimuth, it goes left-right but then the entire scope rotates. And don't be scared of a polar alignment I was terrified at first until I experimented with it. I put my iphone in accessory tray and point it the direction of north, and basically eyeball it. It's excellent for visual astronomy but long exposures would need to be very accurate polar alignments. Also, the finder scope is kinda trash. It doesn't work very well, unless you position your head at the back of the tube and align the cirles after sighting in the mount. It's tricky to do, but will work if you experiment with it. Overall, excellent scope, easy to assemble, and introduces huge optics for a very good price.
I was really impressed with the shipping. I received my package in Canada within 1 week. I love my product.
Es muy buen Telescopio! pero personalmente el acabado no me gusta! tiene muchas piezas plsticas, y el trpode no es muy estable. Me gusta mas los Orion y los Meade
Goof telescope. a little heavy but easy to use if you take the time to set up properly and balance it and align it. Not as difficult as it sounds. Take some practice when aligning stars with star finder scope and telescope. Would recommend this telescope.
My fiancé had this in his wish list for 2 years. I waited to see if he would buy it for himself and he never did. So, I decided to get it for him for Christmas. I know he’s going to love it!