Featuring three selectable pickup responses, strong audio performance, and reputable dependability, the Audio-Technica AT2050 multipattern condenser microphone offers a smooth and detailed sound along with versatile use cases for home-based musicians, vocalists, and project studio engineers. The dual large-diaphragm condenser capsule enables the mic to provide omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, which gives the AT2050 the flexibility to serve a wide variety of voice and instrument miking applications. Plus, the supplied shockmount helps keep extraneous handling and foot noise down.
Engage the -10 dB pad to increase headroom and capture incredibly loud sources up to 159 dB SPL without distortion. When low-frequency rumble/hum or overwhelming bass invade your signal, turn on the 80 Hz high-pass filter switch to attenuate the lows without resorting to EQ. Since the AT2050 is a solid-state true condenser with an XLR output, it should be mated to an XLR-equipped mic preamp capable of sending 48V phantom power, or anything between 11 to 52 VDC.
Ideal for Home, Studio, or Stage Use
Three Polar Patterns
- The omnidirectional polar pattern is sensitive to sound coming from all directions. Select the omni pattern to pick up several voices or instruments on the same microphone, to diminish proximity effect, and to preserve the location’s ambient sound.
- The cardioid polar pattern is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in controlling feedback, reducing pickup of unwanted sounds and providing isolation between performers.
- The figure-8 polar pattern is more sensitive to sound originating in the front and back of the microphone, rejecting sounds from the sides. It is often used in conjunction with advanced stereo miking techniques.
Ready for Daily Use
Features at a Glance
- Omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged to achieve optimum characteristics over years of use
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide excellent versatility
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and -10 dB pad
- Included shockmount provides superior decoupling from vibrations
- Operates on 11 to 52 VDC phantom power from a range of devices such as portable mixers, desktop audio interfaces, or external mic preamps
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output connector
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards