Constructor from Chicken Systems is a multi-instrument, cross-platform instrument-building software that allows the construction of any instrument of any format. The software can start from scratch or import any instrument format as a starting point. Instruments can be merged, or banks of instruments may be created and exported into one of the common bank formats such as GigaStudio, SoundFont, or EmulatorX.
Constructor supports most professional hardware or software samplers created, popular and obscure, supported and non-supported. The software utilizes Translator technology to read and write a complete set of formats. It can resurrect an ancient piece of gear, and has the ability to create and edit instruments without having to resort to kludgy and archaic interfaces. The powerful structure and parameter-editing tools offer velocity and key-range splits, unlimited groups, arrange-key switches, and round-robin chains.
- Mac and PC compatible
- Load any format, save any format
- Constructor saves to GigaStudio, Kontakt, Structure, SoundFont, or even to multiple formats at the same time
- Build your own sample instrument from scratch, or load existing or user-defined instruments. Uses the industry-standard Chicken Systems conversion engine
- Platform-independent instrument, platform-dependant view. In a workspace, you are free to program any feature, while being free to choose which context you’ll see the parameters in
- View the platform-independent sample instrument in any “Skin”, including user-defined ones. The user has full control of the view
- Edit wave-samples using any external editor, such as Peak, SoundForge, and Audition; or use the onboard basic functions. Constructor guarantees the Instrument will synchronize with the samples
- Audition your sample instrument in full glory, with all the velocity/key splits and basic programming. Use a computer keyboard, any MIDI source, or the virtual keyboard
- Graphically control your instrument key-map using the sophisticated key-zone Editor - view in velocity, layer, or user-defined modes
- Edit using cool looking editing widgets, or simple text boxes/sliders. “Gang” multiple editing objects
- Script Mapper: Compose new Instruments in any format using a text file or spreadsheet
- Constructor Script Language: Use scripting to edit your instruments in bulk, using easy-to-learn language
- Use pre-programmed or user-defined templates for great starting points for your custom sample instrument
- Add, combine, delete, split any instrument object, in any workspace