The Tiffen 138mm Mounted Soft/FX 1 Filter can be applied to purposely reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed within the surface of this filter smooths fine lines and textures, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject.
This filter has a grade of 1. Grades of 1/2, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase. When higher grade numbers are applied, a halation effect around highlights can be created to further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings. No front or rear threads are included on this filter's ring or mount, which is 138mm in diameter and designed for use in third-party or custom filter holders.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Mounted without front or rear threads for use in third-party or custom filter holders for film and television cameras
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Provides a smoother appearance of fine lines and textures
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport