The USNV PVS-7 from US NightVision is a night vision biocular with 1.0x magnification - unity, or 1:1, vision provides the user with complete freedom of movement while maintaining their equilibrium and balance.
The PVS-7 is a bi-ocular optic that's fitted with two oculars and a single objective lens. Bi-oculars enhance the operator's long-term viewing experience with a greater level of comfort and increased levels of depth perception.
Featuring simple user controls and a fully automated image tube protection, the USNV-PVS-7 provides outstanding night vision performance. An integral IR illuminator with momentary and continuous-on operation turns total-darkness conditions into an easily managed environment. Infrared-on and low-battery indicators are displayed within the operators FOV.
This PVS-7 comes configured with a high-resolution 3rd generation intensifier tube with an autogated power-supply, and lightweight headgear for hands-free use. The package includes a soft military carry case, 2 AA batteries, extra brow pads, lens tissue, and the operations manual.
All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
- Waterproof Mil-Spec housing
- Soft angled rubber eye cups
- Non-reflective matte-black finish
Use and Handling
- Simple user controls
- Headgear for hands-free use
- 40 Hr run-time on 2 "AA" batteries
- Infrared/low-battery displayed in FOV
Night Vision Performance
- IR illuminator with momentary/constant-on switching
- Fully-automated intensifier tube protection system
- 3rd Generation autogated intensifier tube: Third generation intensifiers last longer and deliver brighter images with greater detail and less distortion than previous generations of night vision technology. The power supply is configured with an autogating circuit that significantly enhances the tube's response to dynamic lighting conditions.