The versatile matched pair of AKG C214MP Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones is designed to record lead vocals, drums, acoustic instruments, and guitar amplifiers in the studio, on stage, or in broadcasting situations. Conceived as a cost-effective alternative to the renowned C414 microphone, these microphones use the same 1" capsule but in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only configuration. The transducer features technology that allows the membrane to vibrate freely, resulting in a wide frequency range and detailed transients, even at high sound-pressure levels.
With the additions of a switchable -20 dB pad and a 160 Hz low-cut filter, the C214 is well suited for close-miking applications as well as overhead placement. The C214 is a rugged microphone built to withstand the severities of professional studios or the road. The integrated capsule suspension helps reduce mechanical noise and resonance for a cleaner sound. The die-cast metal body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish features a double-mesh grille which protects the capsule and ensures efficient rejection of RF interference without affecting acoustics. The pair of C214 comes with a metal carrying case, two stand adapters, and two spider-type shockmounts.
Sonic Character of the C414
The C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. This microphone uses the same 1" dual-capsule as the legendary C414 in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design, giving it performance close to that of the C414.
Low Noise and High Dynamic Range
Pad and Low-Cut Filter
Features at a Glance
- Cost-effective alternative to the C414 family
- Same capsule as C414 B-XLS in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of stage bleed and room ambience
- 143 dB dynamic range (pad on)
- 156 dB maximum SPL (pad on)
- Switchable -20 dB pad and 160 Hz low-cut filter
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Rugged double-mesh grille for RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Operates on 48V phantom power (accepts 12 to 52 VDC phantom power)
- Spider-type shockmounts and metal carrying case included
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria